cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you appreciate at least one Zepplin song?
Yes, they are best band of all time, next to Bea... 13 92.86%
No, they are heavy metal freaks of nature who distort the tender listeing aids 0 0%
I'm a nerd and never heard of this heavy metal band 1 7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2006, 05:35 AM   #21
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
I understand why most people feel this way. They had 3 of their 4 guys who were talented enough to front their own band/go solo and be wildly successful. What are the odds that you could find 4 guys with that amount of talent in one city. It's truly amazing. (I may be giving Ringo too much credit here, I'm not sure). The sheer volume of hits these guys cranked out is mind boggling. How can that much creativity come from 4 guys? Add to that the influence they have had on everyone who has come after and you just have to give them title of best band ever. I don't even think there is a close second.

That being said, there are a lot of other bands I'd rather listen to most of the time. I am too young to have been shocked and awed by their emergence. I enjoy almost all of their songs, but would have a hard time popping them into the cd player with frequency. Listening to the Beatles is like a history lesson in Rock and Roll now. Informative, entertaining, and enjoyable but it definitely feels like history.
You probabyl are giving Ringo too much credit. He's like comic relief. He was funny. But as a drummer let's just say it was a good thing he was funny.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:55 PM   #22
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyacoug View Post
I think they are the best band today. How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb is rapidly turning into one of my favorite albums of all time (though Achtung Baby is still my favorite U2 album).

Best band ever=The Beatles.
I would take Led Zepelin over The Beatles any day. The Beatles' music sounds quaint and old-fashioned. And more like pop than rock and roll. Led Zepelin still sounds as good as it did 30 years ago.