cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2007, 12:23 PM   #1
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nice Win by the Jazz

I stayed up late out here on the East Coast to watch the Jazz pull that win out over the Warriors and thought it was a fantastic game.

I think the big thing that Utah proved was that they could win playing the Warrior's style of basketball. In Round 1, the Warriors surprised the Mavericks with that style and never took their foot off the gas pedal. I think that in this series, they'll have to slow things down and play Utah's game a little bit more because from what I saw, Utah was getting just as many transition baskets as Golden State was.

Stephen Jackson looked a little afraid of Kirilinko there in the second half...Andre will have a big impact on this series.

Should be a fun one to watch...
Old 05-08-2007, 02:39 PM   #2
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

That game was crazy. Both teams are unbelievably tenacious and resilient. It seemed like every time the Jazz would go on a run, Golden State would respond with a couple of 3's. I don't like the style of basketball that GS plays, but I really like their energy and attitude. It was a lot of fun to watch Utah respond in kind.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:41 PM   #3
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
That game was crazy. Both teams are unbelievably tenacious and resilient. It seemed like every time the Jazz would go on a run, Golden State would respond with a couple of 3's. I don't like the style of basketball that GS plays, but I really like their energy and attitude. It was a lot of fun to watch Utah respond in kind.
I think that would be an incredibly difficult game,team, series, to officiate. GS is very aggressive defensively and swats at the ball all the time. On the offensive end, I saw every single one of their players hit the deck more than once. That out of control style of ball is hard to officiate. I thought the refs did a good job for the most part last night.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:48 PM   #4
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
I think that would be an incredibly difficult game,team, series, to officiate. GS is very aggressive defensively and swats at the ball all the time. On the offensive end, I saw every single one of their players hit the deck more than once. That out of control style of ball is hard to officiate. I thought the refs did a good job for the most part last night.
Good point. As I recall watching the game, I didn't even notice the officials. That's a good thing.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:39 PM   #5
Frank Ryan
Formerly Mastershake

Frank Ryan is on a distinguished road
Default It's painful for me to admit

but the Jazz did play a great game.

The Warriors had every chance to win the ballgame but Utah held up
Frank Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 05:46 PM   #6
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

That was a hell of a game. Very fun and exciting to watch. I really could care less for either team as the NBA Championship is being played by the other two Western Conference teams.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:04 PM   #7
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

I've never seen so many white guys on the floor at the same time. I haven't seen Utah play this year, so this was a bit of a surprise. I wonder if they could enlist Harpring to teach a hygiene and grooming class to AK and Okur? Someone might want to let Okur know that these games are actually televised to millions of people and it wouldn't hurt him to run a comb through his do just prior to the game.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:20 PM   #8
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
I've never seen so many white guys on the floor at the same time. I haven't seen Utah play this year, so this was a bit of a surprise. I wonder if they could enlist Harpring to teach a hygiene and grooming class to AK and Okur? Someone might want to let Okur know that these games are actually televised to millions of people and it wouldn't hurt him to run a comb through his do just prior to the game.
This is coming from a Red Sox fan? Did you not watch the 2004 World Series? I would be surprised if half of the members of that team owned a comb or a razor. The only time they were concerned about appearance was when they were painting blood on their socks.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:29 PM   #9
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
This is coming from a Red Sox fan? Did you not watch the 2004 World Series? I would be surprised if half of the members of that team owned a comb or a razor. The only time they were concerned about appearance was when they were painting blood on their socks.
It turns out though that you get to wear a hat at all times in a baseball game. This makes bedhead a complete non-factor. And that was pure, red sox nation blood coursing through Kurt's sock, it is blashpemy to suggest otherwise.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:39 PM   #10
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
It turns out though that you get to wear a hat at all times in a baseball game. This makes bedhead a complete non-factor. And that was pure, red sox nation blood coursing through Kurt's sock, it is blashpemy to suggest otherwise.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Sox_Nation

Hair: The 2004 Red Sox were known as the "hairiest team in baseball," due to their unconventional hairstyles. This is in marked opposition to the Yankees, who have a very rigid grooming policy. President George W. Bush even commented on the Sox' hirsute nature at a Rose Garden ceremony honoring the team in March 2005. A list of Red Sox and their follicular exploits: