cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2007, 04:39 AM   #1
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dude I'm so geeked about....

the Jazz win.

Even though they got jobbed multiple times by the refs in the last 6 minutes of the game they still fought through.

I think they match up great with Golden State and dare I say have an excellent chance at the Western Conference finals?
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 04:51 AM   #2
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11 View Post
I think they match up great with Golden State and dare I say have an excellent chance at the Western Conference finals?
I hope so, fuz. The Warriors are playing that wacky ball right now. Hopefully that doesn't work as a longterm strategy.

Count me geeked as well.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 04:53 AM   #3
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

What a game. They are a completely different team than they were the first two games.

I'm nervous about Golden State, but I'm stoked we have HC advantage. Golden State can get real hot from the perimeter and that's our biggest defensive weakness. It will be interesting to see how GS reacts to Utah-style defense. I can see Harpring baiting Steven Jackson into a few T's.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:03 AM   #4
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

That was a blast. I'm stoked for round 2...I've no idea what to expect against Golden State and their small ball, but it should be a blast.

For a team this young with a core of Boozer, Williams, Kirilenko and Okur...to gain this kind of experience bodes well for them for many years and are going to be reckoned with for awhile.
Old 05-06-2007, 05:10 AM   #5
livecoug

livecoug is an unknown quantity at this point

BOO YEAH!!! that was great! Got my nosebleeds for game two as soon as I could...
livecoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:46 AM   #6
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

I am stoked with the win. I'm not conceding a Jazz victory over Golden State, but I would like to add that the last time an 8 seed beat a 1 seed in the West, it was Seattle losing to Denver... who went on to play the Utah Jazz (remember the year Larry H Miller got in a fight with two Denver fans who were sitting in his kids seats? FWIW, my dad was one of the fans sitting behind them who helped break up the fight)

I think this next series will be a dog fight. I think the Jazz have the advantage playing at home, but I also think they can get one in Golden State. I also wouldn't be surprised to see GSW take one in Utah. I think this series goes 6 games, with Utah winning it. But it could easily go 7 with Golden State taking it as well. Golden State has a lot of momentum and confidence right now. They beat the team with the best record in Basketball, so you know they think they can beat anybody. Should be a fun series.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:16 PM   #7
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
I am stoked with the win. I'm not conceding a Jazz victory over Golden State, but I would like to add that the last time an 8 seed beat a 1 seed in the West, it was Seattle losing to Denver... who went on to play the Utah Jazz (remember the year Larry H Miller got in a fight with two Denver fans who were sitting in his kids seats? FWIW, my dad was one of the fans sitting behind them who helped break up the fight)

I think this next series will be a dog fight. I think the Jazz have the advantage playing at home, but I also think they can get one in Golden State. I also wouldn't be surprised to see GSW take one in Utah. I think this series goes 6 games, with Utah winning it. But it could easily go 7 with Golden State taking it as well. Golden State has a lot of momentum and confidence right now. They beat the team with the best record in Basketball, so you know they think they can beat anybody. Should be a fun series.
I've never seen a team play as well as GS did in the series against the Mavs vs. a better team. GS was hitting everything, and I mean everything. Correct me if I am wrong, but I recall in game six of the Mavs series, Dallas down by six, play great defense for 23 seconds and Baron Davis hits a spinning three point shot. Mavs come down on offense miss an open shot, and Stephen Jackson drills a three, turnover by Dallas, another three, and within 45 seconds the game goes from a six point lead to 15. The crazy thing, in almost every game there were sequences like that.

I don't think GS carries that momentum into round two. I also don't think the matchup advantages GS enjoyed against the Mavs will be such an advantage against Utah.

I say Jazz in six.
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:46 PM   #8
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Sizz - your Dad was right there for the Larry Miller fight? Do you remember you giving any details? I remember the fight but would like to know what happened for it to escalate into a fight.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 07:09 PM   #9
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post

I was at that game sitting about several rows up and remember seeing Larry just have a coronary.

I remember that series...Mutombo's finger wagging, Malone back pedaling after dunking on him with The Dik going..."I will get you back". I remember Brian Williams...aka..Bison Dele....loving to rip on the state of Utah in the press.... I remember castoff Reggie Williams and Bryan Stith playing the ball of their lives and the Jazz having to hold off a team riding the wave of momentum and eventually winning in 7 games.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:53 PM   #10
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

The Jazz started that series 3-0, but Denver pushed them to a game 7. As a result, the Jazz ran out of steam in the Conference Finals, having to travel to Houston for game 1 the next day.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote