cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2007, 01:27 AM   #31
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Uh oh, Surfah has even more ammo now. This writer states that Kobe has been better than MJ.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...6&sportCat=nba
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:22 AM   #32
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
Uh oh, Surfah has even more ammo now. This writer states that Kobe has been better than MJ.

That was a horrible, horrible article. I can't believe she said that the Dallas, San Antonio, and Phoenix of today are better than the Utah, Portland and Phoenix of yesterday.

I also disagree with her assesment of MJ and Kobe, but I have no strong feelings one way or the other.

Last edited by YOhio; 03-27-2007 at 02:29 AM.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:40 AM   #33
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

That woman is either too young or too stupid or both to know what the hell she is talking about.

The NBA is even more watered down now than it was 10 years ago with all the offensive minded Euros that are in the league today.

And as good as MJ was, there is no way in hell that his championship years would have gotten out of the East, let alone win it all in the 70s and 80s.

I laughed at her revisionist comment. Perhaps is she would get her head out of Kobe's backside, she'd see reality. Kobe is great, but he's no MJ. And to be fair, MJ is/was no Bill Russell.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:56 AM   #34
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:

I could have written that article.

Good read.

Here's two more great articles from last season when Kobe had his outbursts. It really is too bad that people can't set aside their disdain for a player to not enjoy the feats he is accomplishing right now.

It Has Happened by Scoop Jackson

Kobe Can Transform Himself by Bill Simmons

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:02 AM   #35
Surfah
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
That was a horrible, horrible article. I can't believe she said that the Dallas, San Antonio, and Phoenix of today are better than the Utah, Portland and Phoenix of yesterday.

I also disagree with her assesment of MJ and Kobe, but I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
I think Phoenix is way overrated. Dallas maybe a tad bit too. But San Antonio is certainly better than all three of those teams from yesteryear. Their records and championships speak for themselves.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:04 AM   #36
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33 View Post
It really is too bad that people can't set aside their disdain for a player to not enjoy the feats he is accomplishing right now.
Blah. On the list of things in this world that are "too bad," this doesn't even register. Why can't Kobe fans be content with enjoying his play and not begging everybody else to join in?
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:18 AM   #37
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Blah. On the list of things in this world that are "too bad," this doesn't even register. Why can't Kobe fans be content with enjoying his play and not begging everybody else to join in?
Agreed.

Kobe is a guy that is a tremendous basketball talent. I just don't like him as a person. Kind of how syracoug hates me as a person, but I think my hate for Kobe is less.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:11 AM   #38
Surfah
Master

Quote:
Hey I'm just spreading the gospel of Kobe. I am just one of his apostles. I guess what they say about a prophet in his own land still rings true. :mrgreen:

Old 03-27-2007, 04:16 AM   #39
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

More thoughts about Kobe:

I think his adultery is genetic. Not that I'm saying that his dad was an adulterer, but JellyBean Bryant was teammates with Dr. J in Philly and Kobe plays more like Dr. J than JellyBean. It also came out after his career that Dr. J was not the family man he wanted everyone to believe.

I just put 2 and 2 together and......

Old 03-27-2007, 04:18 AM   #40
Surfah
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
More thoughts about Kobe:

I think his adultery is genetic. Not that I'm saying that his dad was an adulterer, but JellyBean Bryant was teammates with Dr. J in Philly and Kobe plays more like Dr. J than JellyBean. It also came out after his career that Dr. J was not the family man he wanted everyone to believe.

I just put 2 and 2 together and......

Haha. Using the same logic then Kobe really was just trying to be like Mike then.