cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2007, 09:08 PM   #11
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Sizz - your Dad was right there for the Larry Miller fight? Do you remember you giving any details? I remember the fight but would like to know what happened for it to escalate into a fight.
I believe (and I was like 13 at the time, so my memory might be foggy) that the Denver fans saw two open seats lower than their tickets were at, and decided to go sit in them (I think it was during half-time) and since the rightful seat owners weren't there they took their spots.

Well, it turns out that the seats belonged (I believe) to Larry H. Miller's kids, and when they came back, the Denver fans (who were drunk) wouldn't move. Ushers didn't do a good enough job diffusing the situation and LHM somehow found out and came over. Being LHM, he tried to muscle them out of their seats threatening jail time, ejection from the arena, etc. because he was LHM. The two Denver fans were absolutely annoying, probably nicely told LHM to "F-off" as so forth, and it was enough to make LHM snap. He went after the Denver fans, and, my dad and our neighbor who were sitting right behind them for the whole incident, reached down and helped break it apart.

LHM's lawyers called the next day asking my dad if needed if he would be willing to give a statement, which he was willing to do. Nothing else really ever came of it though, but it was fun seeing my dad on Sportscenter and the front page of the newspaper breaking up a fight with LHM.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 09:11 PM   #12
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11 View Post
I've never seen a team play as well as GS did in the series against the Mavs vs. a better team. GS was hitting everything, and I mean everything. Correct me if I am wrong, but I recall in game six of the Mavs series, Dallas down by six, play great defense for 23 seconds and Baron Davis hits a spinning three point shot. Mavs come down on offense miss an open shot, and Stephen Jackson drills a three, turnover by Dallas, another three, and within 45 seconds the game goes from a six point lead to 15. The crazy thing, in almost every game there were sequences like that.

I don't think GS carries that momentum into round two. I also don't think the matchup advantages GS enjoyed against the Mavs will be such an advantage against Utah.

I say Jazz in six.
Well, if you read my post, I said Jazz in 6 as well. I think Utah wins it, but I still think that Golden State is playing with a world of confidence right now. And a team that thinks they can do no wrong and can beat anybody is dangerous.

I do think that Utah has better matchups with Golden State than Dallas did, plus Nellie I'm sure had that team believing that they could beat Dallas. I think the series will be a dogfight, but it should be fun to watch.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 12:20 AM   #13
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont care who wins the Jazz/Warrior series, either one will be killed in the next round by the Spurs. Who happened to take control of the Phoenix Series with a big win tonight.