cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2009, 01:40 AM   #11
marsupial

marsupial is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHeadGal View Post
Thanks all, for your input. I gave it some more thought and think I will defer. I'm just not convinced that Costco is the way to go. The person who was trying to get me to shop there told me I could get this 10 lb bag of pancake mix for just 17. Just 17! So I went to my normal grocery and noticed that I could buy 5 2-lb boxes of the same stuff for $17.50.

Which reminded me again why I hate those places--not only do you have to buy more, but you have to buy more at a rate that really isn't discounted. The psychology of bulk shopping at it's best.
Yes, but while you were at your normal grocery store buying the pancake mix did a lady in a hair net offer you a Sacrament-size cup of chili? I didn't think so. You need to go to Costco for that.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:21 AM   #12
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial View Post
Yes, but while you were at your normal grocery store buying the pancake mix did a lady in a hair net offer you a Sacrament-size cup of chili? I didn't think so. You need to go to Costco for that.
The savings on gas make it worth it for me.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:10 AM   #13
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

There seem to be some food items that I consume at a much faster pace than the average person, because even buying bulk I feel like I'm always running out and having to go back for more. I love Costco, and I agree with Archaea, if you do a fair amount of driving the gas alone makes the membership worth it.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:56 PM   #14
RedHeadGal

RedHeadGal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post
There seem to be some food items that I consume at a much faster pace than the average person, because even buying bulk I feel like I'm always running out and having to go back for more. I love Costco, and I agree with Archaea, if you do a fair amount of driving the gas alone makes the membership worth it.
I'd really never heard of this gas benefit. I wonder if that's true at all the stores? It wouldn't mean much to me, as I drive infrequently, and Costco is not too near me anyway.

I'm not down on the store. I really just don't understand it, which is why I was asking. I guess I would like to go shop there sometime to evaluate if I thought it was worth it to me. But it's my impression I can't do that without joining? Can I get a trial shopping trip or something? I know, I should probably just ask at the store.

Anyway, we got through the ward activity without it. And stayed well under budget without it.
RedHeadGal is offline   Reply With Quote