cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Food

Old 06-04-2008, 04:59 PM   #1
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Went to an In-N-Out Burger and some rankings...

I finally made it to an In-N-Out joint and it was surprisingly pretty tasty. We enjoyed the fries as well and got our burger done 'animal style.' I was at the front of the line and ordered my burger and then said flamboyantly, 'and do it animal style' while swinging my hands and fingers in a circle. Don't know if it impressed them or what. Anyway, here is how I stack up chain burger joints:

**Top Tier
In-N-Out
Fudruckers--probably my favorite out of the group.
Training Table--problem is that it probably doesn't deserve to charge as much as they do for their burgers

**Middle Tier
Apollo Burger
Crown Burger
Sonic Burger

The rest--Wendys, McDonalds, Burger King.

I have not tried '5 Guys' so I am curious to see where it stacks up to the rest.

Goatnapper: "UteStar is the only one who is not scum."
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 05:26 PM   #2
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

A second on the lips, a lifetime on the hips. Remember that when you're trying to squeeze those decidedly non-metrosexual hips into your Jordache 38-30's.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 05:33 PM   #3
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

To your main point, I really like In n' Out. I'd love to have one close by.

Five Guys is a terrific hamburger spot. They're expanding at a pretty rapid pace and I'll be surprised if they're able to maintain quality.

I'm not as sold as you are on Fuddruckers. To me, Fuddruckers is about the same as Red Robin or Ruby Tuesday. A decent, but overpriced, burger.

I'd also move Crown Burger into the top tier. I love the Crown Burger. I have an acquaintance who regularly travel to Hill AFB and, though not a native Utahn, always makes a visit to Crown.

Another place I really like is Culver's. It's a midwest chain and is known for their butterburgers and frozen custard.
http://www.culvers.com/about/default.aspx
Old 06-04-2008, 05:43 PM   #4
pelagius

pelagius is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
Another place I really like is Culver's. It's a midwest chain and is known for their butterburgers and frozen custard.
I will second the Culver's recommendation. Its my current preferred burger place since there is one about 1.5 miles from my house.
pelagius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 05:44 PM   #5
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelagius View Post
I will second the Culver's recommendation. Its my current preferred burger place since there is one about 1.5 miles from my house.
The one in Hilliard off of I-270? Have you noticed that the employees at Culver's are universally polite? I've been to three or four different locations and I'm always surprised at how nice they are.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:51 PM   #6
pelagius

pelagius is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The one in Hilliard off of I-270? Have you noticed that the employees at Culver's are universally polite? I've been to three or four different locations and I'm always surprised at how nice they are.
That's the one. One of your post temple session dining spots?

Agreed, very polite.
pelagius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 05:53 PM   #7
ewth8tr

ewth8tr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
I finally made it to an In-N-Out joint and it was surprisingly pretty tasty. We enjoyed the fries as well and got our burger done 'animal style.' I was at the front of the line and ordered my burger and then said flamboyantly, 'and do it animal style' while swinging my hands and fingers in a circle. Don't know if it impressed them or what. Anyway, here is how I stack up chain burger joints:

**Top Tier
In-N-Out
Fudruckers--probably my favorite out of the group.
Training Table--problem is that it probably doesn't deserve to charge as much as they do for their burgers

**Middle Tier
Apollo Burger
Crown Burger
Sonic Burger

The rest--Wendys, McDonalds, Burger King.

I have not tried '5 Guys' so I am curious to see where it stacks up to the rest.
I agree with Fuddruckers being better than any of those, but everyone always tells be they are not comparable because In N Out is fast food and Fuddruckers is not.

Må din pung bli överkörd av femhundra siamesiska elefantbögar samtidigt som du får en ananas uppkörd långt upp i rektum - Most common thing said to LiveCoug on his mission.
ewth8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 05:55 PM   #8
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I like Cue's Burger in Southwest Houston.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:16 PM   #9
ERCougar

ERCougar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
To your main point, I really like In n' Out. I'd love to have one close by.

Five Guys is a terrific hamburger spot. They're expanding at a pretty rapid pace and I'll be surprised if they're able to maintain quality.

I'm not as sold as you are on Fuddruckers. To me, Fuddruckers is about the same as Red Robin or Ruby Tuesday. A decent, but overpriced, burger.

I'd also move Crown Burger into the top tier. I love the Crown Burger. I have an acquaintance who regularly travel to Hill AFB and, though not a native Utahn, always makes a visit to Crown.

I miss Culver's. My heart probably doesn't, and it's about the only thing I miss about the Midwest, but still...

But we now have an In N Out, and I'm a fan. Not a rabid fan like some, but it's good stuff.

Also agree with you on Crown Burger. We had one right across from our high school. Mmmm...
ERCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:20 PM   #10
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelagius View Post
That's the one. One of your post temple session dining spots?

Agreed, very polite.
AFter another absence THIS is what brings you out? Don't be such a stranger.