cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > House Keeping > What should this site be?
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2006, 09:03 PM   #51
fuegote

fuegote

Because he's JonnyLingo, captain of trying to prove he's right, instead of what is right, in the world.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:12 AM   #52
Robin

Robin is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not sure if this was an example of censorship or what, but I got a seven day ban from the site for 'annoying people.'

I'm not sure what that means, and I was never told, so I have no idea what it was about. My only clue is that the ban started a couple of minutes after I posted my last contribution to this thread, in which I outlined in general terms what I had posted in a different thread earlier in the day.

The thread ended up starting a brief discussion about the subject I had mentioned, in the joking tone that I had originally intended, so I can't conclude that the subject itself was taboo.

So, while I fully understand that I can 'annoy people,' (though that is seldom my intent) I will have to resign myself to enduring the occasional ban, since I have no idea what particular aspect of my 'annoying people' was worthy of a seven-day censure.

Anyhow, I enjoy posting here, and count many of you as my internet 'friends,' so getting banned for no understandable reason really sucks. Hope it doesn't happen too often, but I don't own the keys to my own destiny around here, as some people like to demonstrate from time to time, so I will count myself lucky when I can post here, and try to attend to other things when I can't.

Cheers to all.

R.

Last edited by Robin; 06-25-2006 at 04:13 AM.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 04:02 AM   #53
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin
I'm not sure if this was an example of censorship or what, but I got a seven day ban from the site for 'annoying people.'

I'm not sure what that means, and I was never told, so I have no idea what it was about. My only clue is that the ban started a couple of minutes after I posted my last contribution to this thread, in which I outlined in general terms what I had posted in a different thread earlier in the day.

The thread ended up starting a brief discussion about the subject I had mentioned, in the joking tone that I had originally intended, so I can't conclude that the subject itself was taboo.

So, while I fully understand that I can 'annoy people,' (though that is seldom my intent) I will have to resign myself to enduring the occasional ban, since I have no idea what particular aspect of my 'annoying people' was worthy of a seven-day censure.

Anyhow, I enjoy posting here, and count many of you as my internet 'friends,' so getting banned for no understandable reason really sucks. Hope it doesn't happen to often, but I don't own the keys to my own destiny around here, as some people like to demonstrate from time to time, so I will count myself lucky when I can post here, and try to attend to other things when I can't.

Cheers to all.

R.
Maye it was the whole "discharge" thing. If indeed it was, I am sorry you got banned for talking about it. Remember, I am still waiting on the pictures you promised...
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 04:30 AM   #54
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick It In Him
I am still waiting on the pictures you promised...
Please do that via email
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 05:43 AM   #55
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Anyhow, I enjoy posting here, and count many of you as my internet 'friends,' so getting banned for no understandable reason really sucks. Hope it doesn't happen too often, but I don't own the keys to my own destiny around here, as some people like to demonstrate from time to time, so I will count myself lucky when I can post here, and try to attend to other things when I can't.

Cheers to all.

R.
Welcome back from solitary, Robin.
Old 07-21-2006, 03:28 AM   #56
Robin

I'm not going to try to defend my actions here, but for the sake of being thorough, here is how I was 'censored.'

Apparently suggesting that a moderator probably has a small penis based on his racial makeup will not only get your post erased, but it will also catch you a two-day vacation from posting to the board.

Who would have thunk it? (sorry mike)
Old 08-02-2006, 06:07 PM   #57
Robin

I'm back from another week in the box. Greetings!

What bought me a week in the box this time? The Texan in the mirrored glasses never said exactly. The original reason was 'none,' and then I got this cryptic advice from MW:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Waters
When you are in your house you can put your feet on the table. When you are in my house you cannot.
A little ominous to be sure, but I am glad to be out of the box. And speaking of being 'out,' the original ban came within 24 hours of joking that the REAL reason I hang out here is to seduce MW. I doubt any of you others will have a problem not talking about seducing Mike, but if you DO ever get tempted, be careful... joking about Mike's fictional gayness (in spite of his odd choice of avatars - A full frontal view of Michelangelo's David), is NOT funny, and probably constitutes 'putting your feet on the table.'

Cheers, and I'm glad to be back.

R.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:18 PM   #58
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

this is a good thread. It will help me keep track of the 180 days.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 06:56 PM   #59
Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters
this is a good thread. It will help me keep track of the 180 days.
I'm not keeping my fingers crossed. The 180 days rule is its own form of censorship. It basically subjects all potential crypt-travelers to the whim and whimsy of Mike's liking. If suspensions were based on a set of clear rules, anyone could read the rules and avoid suspension. But Mike has beef with me, so I make a joke that he doesn't like, I get 'none' as the reason for a suspension, and the 180 day-clock starts all over from zero.

The 180 day rule exists for one reason and one reason only -- Mike realized that a democratic process for crypt entry might one day put a key into my hand, and so he had to create a faux-legitimate way of taking full control of the process by himself.

Oh well. It is good to be free.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:33 AM   #60
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I'm not keeping my fingers crossed. The 180 days rule is its own form of censorship. It basically subjects all potential crypt-travelers to the whim and whimsy of Mike's liking. If suspensions were based on a set of clear rules, anyone could read the rules and avoid suspension. But Mike has beef with me, so I make a joke that he doesn't like, I get 'none' as the reason for a suspension, and the 180 day-clock starts all over from zero.

The 180 day rule exists for one reason and one reason only -- Mike realized that a democratic process for crypt entry might one day put a key into my hand, and so he had to create a faux-legitimate way of taking full control of the process by himself.

Oh well. It is good to be free.
What is this 180 day rule and what is this crypt you speak of?
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote