cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2008, 02:47 AM   #1
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bad news for Palin

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/...ion/index.html
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 03:27 AM   #2
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

No, it's not.

Signed,

Tex

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 03:44 AM   #3
Ma'ake

Ma'ake is an unknown quantity at this point

Does McCain now bench Palin & get Mitt to pinch hit?

It would have to be quick, and the drama around Palin's downfall would take up cycles, maybe too much time would elapse... but I wouldn't bet against McCain trying to pull something like that off.

Another hail mary?
Ma'ake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 04:01 AM   #4
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma'ake View Post
does mccain now bench palin & get mitt to pinch hit?

It would have to be quick, and the drama around palin's downfall would take up cycles, maybe too much time would elapse... But i wouldn't bet against mccain trying to pull something like that off.

Another hail mary?
lol.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 04:04 AM   #5
BlueHair

BlueHair is on a distinguished road

Yawn. Another politician abusing their power.
BlueHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 04:42 AM   #6
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

The trooper didn't really tazer his step son and witnesses didn't really see him twice drinking on the job?

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 04:47 AM   #7
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
The trooper didn't really tazer his step son and witnesses didn't really see him twice drinking on the job?
Aren't there numerous management layers above the office of trooper? Don't you find it a bit odd that Palin would be micro-managing at this level? Don't you think it would have been most ethical had she excused herself from the process due to conflict of interest and asked someone else to review the case?
Old 10-11-2008, 05:14 AM   #8
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Aren't there numerous management layers above the office of trooper? Don't you find it a bit odd that Palin would be micro-managing at this level? Don't you think it would have been most ethical had she excused herself from the process due to conflict of interest and asked someone else to review the case?
Where Palin hasn't had a chance to put anyone under oath or cross-examine witnesses, nor obtain documents, etc. from the compalining witnesses, nor be judged impartially, I don't put much stock. I've never seen an impartial prosecutor. This seems like a strange process to me; in federal special prosecutions the prosecutor has to bring charges, prove his case, etc. See Ken Starr and Bill Clinton. This by definition is a kangaroo court. I see no indicia of due process at all.

I'm not defending Palin. I'm just always amazed at how gullible everyone is. This seems like politics, and, like I said, kangaroo court.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 01:43 PM   #9
Levin

Levin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Where Palin hasn't had a chance to put anyone under oath or cross-examine witnesses, nor obtain documents, etc. from the compalining witnesses, nor be judged impartially, I don't put much stock. I've never seen an impartial prosecutor. This seems like a strange process to me; in federal special prosecutions the prosecutor has to bring charges, prove his case, etc. See Ken Starr and Bill Clinton. This by definition is a kangaroo court. I see no indicia of due process at all.

I'm not defending Palin. I'm just always amazed at how gullible everyone is. This seems like politics, and, like I said, kangaroo court.
I agree wholeheartedly. And in any event, taken the salient underlying facts, I don't care if she did abuse her power. Any trooper that (1) taser's his own son (using a weapon of the State to punish his child; (2) drinks on the job; (3) makes death threats against the executive familiy -- should be fired without any delay.
"Now I say that I know the meaning of my life: 'To live for God, for my soul.' And this meaning, in spite of its clearness, is mysterious and marvelous. Such is the meaning of all existence." Levin, Anna Karenina, Part 8, Chapter 12
Levin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 01:49 PM   #10
SoonerCoug
Formerly known as MudPhudCoug

SoonerCoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levin View Post
I agree wholeheartedly. And in any event, taken the salient underlying facts, I don't care if she did abuse her power. Any trooper that (1) taser's his own son (using a weapon of the State to punish his child; (2) drinks on the job; (3) makes death threats against the executive familiy -- should be fired without any delay.
Are those things really true? I'm not convinced.
SoonerCoug is offline   Reply With Quote