cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2008, 04:36 PM   #1
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Similar, but not THAT stark.
But we're not the WAC or Sunbelt or MAC.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:37 PM   #2
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
But we're not the WAC or Sunbelt or MAC.
Please do not denigrate the Sunbelt or the MAC. I would hate for fans to start thinking that the Sunbelt is any less of a conference than the SEC.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:38 PM   #3
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Please do not denigrate the Sunbelt or the MAC. I would hate for fans to start thinking that the Sunbelt is any less of a conference than the SEC.
If you can't see the difference between 7-3 and 2-22, then you need some real help with math. Are you really this dense? Did I ever say the Sunbelt was as good as the SEC? My original point was the fans like you see no real difference between a league like the MWC and the Sunbelt. After all, we're both "mid major." And while you seem to refute that on the surface, your arguments pretty much reveal that IS what you think. This is where I have a problem with the mid major label. It's just an attempt to group us all together whether the grouping makes sense or not. The MWC is a lot closer to the PAC 10 than the other non-BCS leagues are. Indy can bring up that the 7-7 record last year doesn't mean much, but hell, WAC teams lost EIGHTEEN freaking games in a row against the BCS last year before they won one. Was every one of those 18 teams a winning team?

Last edited by BlueK; 09-26-2008 at 04:45 PM.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:46 PM   #4
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
If you can't see the difference between 7-3 and 2-22, then you need some real help with math. Are you really this dense? Did I ever say the Sunbelt was as good as the SEC? My original point was the fans like you see no real difference between a league like the MWC and the Sunbelt. After all, we're both "mid major." And while you seem to refute that on the surface, your arguments pretty much reveal that IS what you think.
On the surface? My original point is that i DO think that the MWC is a mid-major. I have never hidden that. Of course we are a mid-major. We play in a lame conference that has little national appeal, we are tired to a crappy stupid bowl game, and it is impossible to watch our games on TV. We are generally not as deep as the BCS conferences top to bottom, our revenues as a conference are lower, our attendance as a conference tends to be lower, our recruiting classes as a conference tend to be rated lower, etc....what evidence do you have that the MWC is NOT a mid-major?

This is the big head scratcher for me. Why is being a mid-major such a big deal? Why is it so negative? I don't see it that way. I just see it as reality.

Where we seem to really differ is your unsupportable stance that all fans of BCS schools believe that all BCS teams are better than non-BCS teams. As I stated before, such a stance seems silly.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 09-26-2008, 05:00 PM   #5
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
This is the big head scratcher for me. Why is being a mid-major such a big deal? Why is it so negative? I don't see it that way. I just see it as reality.
How about this. What if one day I said Triplet Dad is a mid-major poster on Cougarguard? How would that make you feel about yourself? Better or worse?

You'd probably think to yourself..."I work just as hard as SU, IPU, Arch and the rest of those fellas. In fact, I occasionally produce some good material. Though I'm not as consistently awesome as say, YOhio, there have been times I could hang with him. Why am I then automatically relegated to mid-major status? It's just not right!"

That didn't feel very good did it Triplet?
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 05:09 PM   #6
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
How about this. What if one day I said Triplet Dad is a mid-major poster on Cougarguard? How would that make you feel about yourself? Better or worse?

You'd probably think to yourself..."I work just as hard as SU, IPU, Arch and the rest of those fellas. In fact, I occasionally produce some good material. Though I'm not as consistently awesome as say, YOhio, there have been times I could hang with him. Why am I then automatically relegated to mid-major status? It's just not right!"

That didn't feel very good did it Triplet?
I knew you were going to get a crazy big swollen head. I wish I had never said anything about your Y'zGuy post.

For the record, I view myself here as a definite mid-major. I have no power, no control of my own destiny, yet everyone wants me because I automatically boost ratings and ticket sales.

swish

Old 09-26-2008, 05:10 PM   #7
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Btw, the red-dot next to the profile indicates one's mid-major status.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 05:14 PM   #8
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Btw, the red-dot next to the profile indicates one's mid-major status.
I'm embracing the red dot.

BTW, I gave you negative feedback yesterday for your use of the n-bomb.

Old 09-26-2008, 05:16 PM   #9
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I'm embracing the red dot.

BTW, I gave you negative feedback yesterday for your use of the n-bomb.
I just gave you negative feedback for doing that.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 05:23 PM   #10
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I just gave you negative feedback for doing that.
Your BCS feedback is obviously biased against my mid-major status.

Of all the feedback I have on my profile, the only negative ones are from you and Archaea.

I'm just as good as both of you. I deserve a chance.