cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2011, 04:07 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default General Conference

1. Subsidizing housing costs for couple missionaries. That seems like a positive step. As well as the increased flexibility of being able to go back and forth with "real life" when the situation demands it.

I have fond memories of the couple missionaries in my mission. Which must have been among the most demanding assignments possible. Good people that did a lot under trying circumstances that even most 19 year olds would find trying.

2. Provo Tabernacle to be rebuilt into a Temple. That's cool. Went to an organ recital there once.

3. Star Valley Temple. That's exciting, mainly because Star Valley makes up a large part of my heritage, and I have many relatives there. An elderly great-aunt, has reported, via my uncle, that the first prophecies of a temple in Star Valley were made over fifty years ago. I'm sure they are all beside themselves with excitement.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:03 PM   #2
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

President Monson was an hour late to Saturday morning's session because he has a stalker who punched him in the face a couple of weeks ago. To date, Monson has declined moving into the Eagle Gate penthouse with its underground tunnels et al, preferring to stay in his family's home in the mid-valley, and Saturday morning there was a security issue, his bodyguards didn't feel comfortable moving him until after 10 am. I don't know whether it involved the same stalker.

I just learned this last night from a Church Office employee. It's strictly gossip at this point.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:21 PM   #3
Zulu451
house-elf 3rd class

Zulu451 is on a distinguished road

We had an amazing ward at fort Bragg which could provide no shortage of HIGHLY qualified individuals to provide security. They are mostly "clerks" who disappear for weeks on end and show up to church with full beards and rockin' tans.