cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2008, 04:01 AM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Music to my ears

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...tion_stil.html
Old 05-25-2008, 04:28 AM   #2
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

This really appears to be hurting his progress quite a bit.

Probably keeps him up at night.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 06:40 PM   #3
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

It's interesting that according to this column, the media is who is largely ignoring it and that it is a concern of the citizens, yet the most outspoken Obama supporter on this site claims it's the other way around.

Bottom line is that all this is Obama's own doing. Hopefully it will continue to dog him and even increase in intensity as we get closer to November.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 08:01 PM   #4
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
This really appears to be hurting his progress quite a bit.

Probably keeps him up at night.
I admit Obama has the election to lose, but nothing would make me smile a bit more than seeing given the arrogance of you and Cali toward the slightest possibility he might lose. Elitist supporters of Obama need their come uppance. And there's no evidence Obama has a conscience, so I imagine he could sleep well no matter what he does.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:31 PM   #5
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I admit Obama has the election to lose, but nothing would make me smile a bit more than seeing given the arrogance of you and Cali toward the slightest possibility he might lose. Elitist supporters of Obama need their come uppance. And there's no evidence Obama has a conscience, so I imagine he could sleep well no matter what he does.
My come uppance may come after Obama is elected. If he sucks, I will never hear the end of it. But since I am not a partisan hack, I will have no issues criticizing Obama if he exercises poor judgment....unlike those who refuse to openly acknowledge that W is the biggest suck to ever suck the things that are currently being sucked.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 05-25-2008, 10:29 PM   #6
Archaea

Quote:
My come uppance may come after Obama is elected. If he sucks, I will never hear the end of it. But since I am not a partisan hack, I will have no issues criticizing Obama if he exercises poor judgment....unlike those who refuse to openly acknowledge that W is the biggest suck to ever suck the things that are currently being sucked.
Carter remains terrible and Bush II is bad for Republicans. He came in during tough times and didn't rise to the occasion. If Obama wins, may your industry be torn to shreds. You deserve to be destitute for electing Obama.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:47 PM   #7
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Carter remains terrible and Bush II is bad for Republicans. He came in during tough times and didn't rise to the occasion. If Obama wins, may your industry be torn to shreds. You deserve to be destitute for electing Obama.
Bush 2 is bad for everyone, not just Republicans.

I was still too young to really remember the Carter administration, but by all accounts, it was epically bad, so I am in no position to dispute.

Ironically, one of my fondest memories of that era was spending time with my dad in the car on gas ration days. Didn't they do it based on your license plate number? Even goes one day, odd goes another, or something to that effect. I remember some of the lines, but vaguely.

Old 05-25-2008, 10:53 PM   #8
Archaea

Quote:
Bush 2 is bad for everyone, not just Republicans.

I was still too young to really remember the Carter administration, but by all accounts, it was epically bad, so I am in no position to dispute.

Ironically, one of my fondest memories of that era was spending time with my dad in the car on gas ration days. Didn't they do it based on your license plate number? Even goes one day, odd goes another, or something to that effect. I remember some of the lines, but vaguely.
I was in Europe during most of his reign, and was embarrassed to mention I was American. For the most part, I claimed I was Dutch speaking with an accent.

I voted for Reagan absentee. The only different about Obama is he won't go on tv telling everybody how horrible our life will be. Bush II is bad, because he's trying to be a Democrat, being far too fiscally liberal, providing drug benefits and vetoing no spending bills. However, if you liked Bush, you'll love Obama. The only spending Obama won't pursue will be military spending. In that field we should abandon investments if Obama wins. Sell all military based investments.

Last edited by Archaea; 05-25-2008 at 10:56 PM.
Archaea is offline   Reply With Quote