cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2007, 03:43 AM   #1
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Baron Davis is a chump

The Jazz really need to take care of business every time he comes into the lane from here on out. If Memo isn't up to the task, then let's see some strategic Hafa action.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 03:52 AM   #2
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
The Jazz really need to take care of business every time he comes into the lane from here on out. If Memo isn't up to the task, then let's see some strategic Hafa action.
B Diddy is the man! Facial on AK.

I love Baron. I've followed him since HS. Saw him play at Crossroads high. We graduated the same year. I love him. Probably my 3rd favorite player behind Kobe and Agent 0.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 04:21 AM   #3
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Baron Davis had 3 spectacular highlights tonight.

He also gets away with murder. The guy is a walking, talking, moving offensive foul everytime he drives and shoves people out of the way with his forearms.

2 things lost the game tonight: Incredible 3 point shooting by the Warriors and 6 phantom foul calls on DWill and Fish in the 1st half that took them both out of them, rendering the Jazz with nary a point guard leading to boatloads of turnovers.

Jazz take Game 5 on Sunday.
Old 05-12-2007, 06:47 AM   #4
myboynoah

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33 View Post
B Diddy is the man! Facial on AK.

I love Baron. I've followed him since HS. Saw him play at Crossroads high. We graduated the same year. I love him. Probably my 3rd favorite player behind Kobe and Agent 0.
I want to change my vote.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
Old 05-12-2007, 08:17 AM   #5
Surfah
Master

Quote:
I want to change my vote.

LOL.

Old 05-14-2007, 08:59 AM   #6
myboynoah

Sorry Surfah, but BD was a real chump tonight. Only 15 points and a cheap shot on Fisher at the end of the game.

Guy's a chump.

But I like chumps if they're on my team.

Old 05-14-2007, 02:54 PM   #7
Surfah
Master

Quote:
Sorry Surfah, but BD was a real chump tonight. Only 15 points and a cheap shot on Fisher at the end of the game.

Guy's a chump.

But I like chumps if they're on my team.
I didn't watch the game. I really don't care about either team. I just like getting the Jazz fans all riled up. It's pretty easy to do.

Old 05-14-2007, 05:15 PM   #8
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I just like getting the Jazz fans all riled up. It's pretty easy to do.
That's because there are so many zoobs that follow the Jazz as well.

Davis got worked by Fisher last night and responded with an intentional elbow to Fish's head.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 01:24 AM   #9
Surfah
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
That's because there are so many zoobs that follow the Jazz as well.

Davis got worked by Fisher last night and responded with an intentional elbow to Fish's head.
I didn't see that. I like DFish. I'll always be grateful for his 0.4 shot against the Spurs. But he'd get killed on the pick and roll. That was probably mostly Shaq's fault, but he always seemed to go under picks instead of over the top which would make me want to tear my hair out. He also seemed to be Bibby's bitch when the Kings were decent. But I like him. Seems like a nice guy. It doesn't surprise me that Baron did that. He went to a magnet school for the rich and famous. Then went to UCLA and bounced to the pros. I still like him though. How can you not like a guy who will show you his nipples after dunking on you?

And yes, I hate the Zoob-Jazz contingent. Though the Lakers club at BYU was large and noticeable at Jazz home games. I really just hope they never win a title so I can always point to the rafters when my good Jazz friends start talking smack. It will be a sad day should they ever do that. It's got to be tough to continually support a team that was almost good enough.

Old 05-15-2007, 01:30 AM   #10
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
It's got to be tough to continually support a team that was almost good enough.
Nah, it's not tough. Though I've lost my passion for the NBA as a whole, but I still consider myself a Jazz fan. I don't need them to win championships to like them. Just being the hometown team is a good enough reason for me to be a fan.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote