cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 07:11 PM   #11
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

This really has the potential to cripple the Red Sox. Sounds like it was less of a money issue and more of back stabbing type issue. Epstein is an awesome GM that is for sure. It will be really interesting to see if the Red Sox go to a more traditional style GM or will go with someone like minded to Epstein.

This is horrible timing for Boston. I think there is a good chance that they lose a lot of the free agents. I think Damon may be as good as gone right now. It will be interesting how this all shakes out for Boston and IMO it will shake out to them not being in the playoffs next year. I'm calling the shot right now the WC will come from the AL West next year not the AL East.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 08:17 PM   #12
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk
I'm calling the shot right now the WC will come from the AL West next year not the AL East.
Thats a pretty bold prediction, considering the season has only been over for a week and the West was the weakest division in the AL this year.

I can't necessarily agree with you on this one unless something huge happens in the off-season. Angels have too many holes in the pitching staff, and the A's need to make at least 1 or 2 big acquisitions to tighten up the offense.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote