cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2021, 11:15 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default *** official F1 thread ***

Spanish Grand Prix 2021

Tsunoda was a disappointment yesterday. The two drivers that I am rooting for more than others have not been doing well. Perez and Tsunoda. The funny thing is that after netflix season 1 "drive to survive" I didn't like Perez. Funny how a docudrama can create ideas that aren't really true. Ocon vs. Perez. I really like Perez's story and how his career has come along. I want to see him do well.

Tsunoda has been acting like an immature ass, but hopefully he can mature and turn things around.

I was laughing to myself about Mazepin possibly ruining Mercedes day. Has there ever been someone who is hated more uniformly and also performed so badly, all in one package?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 04:53 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Monaco 2021

Mercedes screwed the pooch. Now Red Bull is on top. Will make for an exciting season, I think. It’s up in the air who will win the championship.
Old 06-08-2021, 04:21 AM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

The Azerbaijan Gran Prix - that was one of the very most exciting races. The race action was just okay. But the twists and turns at the end were amazing. Shocking for Lewis to lockup on the final 2 lap sprint. That might end up costing him the championship, if it's close at the end. And the same can be said for Verstappen's shocking crash after the tire failure. Happy for Perez. And glad that Tsunoda seems to be coming around.
Old 07-09-2021, 04:04 AM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I'm continuing to enjoy the F1 season. F1 is now my favorite sport.

And it's ratings are exploding in the US.

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/202...lympic-trials/
Old 07-18-2021, 05:25 PM   #5
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Really sucks, Hamilton taking out Verstappen at Silverstone, and then winning. That could end up deciding the championship.
Old 11-08-2021, 03:37 AM   #6
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I remember when I first watched Drive to Surivive, season 1, right after it came out. They set it up to make a person really want to root for Ocon and not like Perez so much. I bought that. Perez basically being a paid driver, who was not as good as Ocon.

Now I realize it was just a narrative they wanted to sell. I?ve really come to like Perez. His win last year was so great, when there was no guarantee he would ever be racing in F1 after that year. It?s been fun to watch him this year (the ups and downs). And seeing him race in Mexico with all the fans going nuts for him. It?s great. Perez is very likeable and easy to root for.

Congrats to Perez on his 3rd place today. Had he passed Hamilton, the place would have gone nuts. It?s too bad that passing is so hard in F1. I?m starting to believe that Indy Car is actually a lot more fun and interesting than F1, because in that series the driver actually matters more than the car (to a certain extent).
Old 12-13-2021, 11:54 PM   #7
MikeWaters
Demiurge

man, what a finish to the season. I would write more, but nobody is listening. F1 is exploding in popularity in the USA.

I'm also looking forward to following Indy Car again next season. In some ways Indy Car is more interesting.