cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2008, 04:46 AM   #1
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Any free agents the Jazz should pursue?

I would like to see them make a run for Pietrus. I really liked his game with the Warriors (when he played), and I don't know that he will cost a fortune.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:58 PM   #2
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
I would like to see them make a run for Pietrus. I really liked his game with the Warriors (when he played), and I don't know that he will cost a fortune.
I liked him too, but with the glut of wings it doesn't make much sense.

I would, however, be interested in Biedrins from Golden State in a sign-and-trade, especially if we move out AK.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 04:54 PM   #3
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

I like Biedrins as well. No offensive expectation, a defensive presence who is a good rebounder, that allows you to play Memo at the 4.

I like Diopp. Decent rebounder, nice defensive presence, who also allows you to play Memo at the 4.

I like Maggette, but for this team I wouldn't pursue him.

I think the Jazz need to first consult with D Williams, find out what he wants, so that they can lock him up for 5 years at 90 million. He's the catalyst of this team and if he doesn't like the direction of the squad the Jazz could literally be without Okur, Booz, D Will, and AK in the next 3 years.
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 05:13 PM   #4
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11 View Post
I like Biedrins as well. No offensive expectation, a defensive presence who is a good rebounder, that allows you to play Memo at the 4.

I like Diopp. Decent rebounder, nice defensive presence, who also allows you to play Memo at the 4.

I like Maggette, but for this team I wouldn't pursue him.

I think the Jazz need to first consult with D Williams, find out what he wants, so that they can lock him up for 5 years at 90 million. He's the catalyst of this team and if he doesn't like the direction of the squad the Jazz could literally be without Okur, Booz, D Will, and AK in the next 3 years.
I like Diop too, but he verbally agreed with Dallas for their full MLE over the next 4 or 5 years. That's a bit too steep of a price, IMO.

The only reason I like Mags is his ability to get to the FT line is top 10 in the league. Pairing him alongside D-Will gives the Jazz two guys who can get to the hoop almost at will.

I do agree with Fus that the Jazz should consult D-Will, however not let him play GM. He's the engine that makes this train run, and as long as he is around, Utah will be in good shape.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote