cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 05:49 AM   #1
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Arenas sucks

Those fantasy experts who tell you your league is won or lost in the later rounds, not the first couple rounds, are full of it.

If your top pick fails to perform, it doesn't matter if your sixth pick plays out of his head.

My first pick in one of my leagues, Gilbert Arenas, has been nothing short of crap so far.

Averaging only 20 points, four rebounds and four assists a game. Giving out five turnovers a game and shooting 36% from the field and 72% from the line. Oh, and he's managed to hit a whopping ONE 3-pointer each game.

This is good for 223rd in my league's Yahoo! rankings, behind such greats as David Lee and ROBERT SWIFT.

Last season he was good for 28 ppg, 6 apg, and six assists and only turned the ball over three times. Also shot an-okay-but-not-great 42% from the field and a great 84% from the line. Was good for three 3-pointers a game as well.

Here's hoping these two weeks have been a fluke, because if he keeps this up, I'm screwed.

Oh, and it doesn't help that my second pick, Gasol, has been less than stellar as well, averaging 16 and 6.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 05:02 AM   #2
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
Those fantasy experts who tell you your league is won or lost in the later rounds, not the first couple rounds, are full of it.

If your top pick fails to perform, it doesn't matter if your sixth pick plays out of his head.

My first pick in one of my leagues, Gilbert Arenas, has been nothing short of crap so far.

Averaging only 20 points, four rebounds and four assists a game. Giving out five turnovers a game and shooting 36% from the field and 72% from the line. Oh, and he's managed to hit a whopping ONE 3-pointer each game.

This is good for 223rd in my league's Yahoo! rankings, behind such greats as David Lee and ROBERT SWIFT.

Last season he was good for 28 ppg, 6 apg, and six assists and only turned the ball over three times. Also shot an-okay-but-not-great 42% from the field and a great 84% from the line. Was good for three 3-pointers a game as well.

Here's hoping these two weeks have been a fluke, because if he keeps this up, I'm screwed.

Oh, and it doesn't help that my second pick, Gasol, has been less than stellar as well, averaging 16 and 6.
You know that both Arenas and Gasol are injured right? Their numbers should improve as their health does. But that is not assured really since they both seem to have lingering problems.
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:58 AM   #3
JohnnyLingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitdad View Post
You know that both Arenas and Gasol are injured right? Their numbers should improve as their health does. But that is not assured really since they both seem to have lingering problems.
We can only hope.

It might even be easier if they weren't playing at all. At least this way they aren't killing me with bad shooting and turnovers.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:59 AM   #4
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

He'll improve. I spoke with him earlier today, he told me to reassure you that he'll get better.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:14 AM   #5
JohnnyLingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
He'll improve. I spoke with him earlier today, he told me to reassure you that he'll get better.
And DrumNFeather's credibility goes through the roof.

Gilbert tonight: 30 points, 11 assists, 6 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 block, three 3-pointers made.

Shot 50% from the field and 82% from the field, too. Can't get much better.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:18 AM   #6
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
And DrumNFeather's credibility goes through the roof.

Gilbert tonight: 30 points, 11 assists, 6 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 block, three 3-pointers made.

Shot 50% from the field and 82% from the field, too. Can't get much better.
I do what I can...