cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2006, 06:50 AM   #1
Faith

Faith is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks and goodbye

My husband just told me that he was banned from Cougarguard. This was the reason given:

Your wife thinks you waste too much time here.

Now Mods are putting words in my mouth, and I don't appreciate that.

I just want to thank those of you who have posted thought-provoking comments on this board. I have decided that I will no longer participate in this board. Here is something that I wrote in a private message earlier today, and it expresses my feelings about this forum:

I have appreciated much of what I have read on this board, especially viewpoints that aren't congruent with my own, because it helps me see things in new ways. But I am thrown off balance by the nastiness and the lack of respect that seems to permeate too many of the threads. Too be honest, I see way to much ugliness at my workplace, and I don't know if I want to deal with it in my free time. It's difficult because I think that it is important to have a forum where everyone feels free to express their opinions, and I don't believe in censorship. And I wouldn't want any artificial niceties. I just wish that pepole were kinder (myself included).
Faith is offline   Reply With Quote