cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 02:55 PM   #11
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

growing up in Spanish Fork i have been to the dream mine. Very weird place. An old man actually still lives right by it and he will run you off if you try to go there now. If you ever want to see it, head towards Woodland Hills, and look up on the mountain to the East. you will see a white stripe, and that is where it is located.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:43 PM   #12
Solon

Solon is on a distinguished road

Krakauer has a section on it in Under the Banner of Heaven. It sounds really weird.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:03 PM   #13
Dan

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I like the tag name "Solon"

The wisest of seven, or all. Nibley claims he and Lehi knew eachother. Maybe so, but I digress. I have found the dream/relief mine saga interesting in the past, contrary to the feelings BDB expressed. You should try look into being a shareholder, that is quite a process. I figured it wouldn't hurt to drop a few thousand for some shares (sort of like a spiritual hedge fund if you catch my drift), but then I found out you have to personally meet with the director and have an oral interview and they have to be inspired th offer to sell shares to you. Since I do not fit in their rank and file, I figured they would not sell to me any way so why bother. Plus, since I am not a "believer" why would I go through all the trouble to do it. But that is part of the point for them, I guess, they don't want people like me owning shares. They want their owners to be "fully invested.".

My view is that there are people who receive revelation, and I do not want to be on the wrong end of improperly judging who really did and did not receive it.

Temet Nosce - \"Know Thyself\"
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 01:27 AM   #14
hyrum

hyrum is on a distinguished road

If I were tasked with finding a gullibility gene I would offer every willing resident of Utah County a chance at a free weekend at a timeshare in Salem, Utah in exchange for a DNA swab.
hyrum is offline   Reply With Quote