cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Was Tex condescending and self-righteous?
Yes, he was condescending 2 7.41%
Yes, he was self-righteous 1 3.70%
Yes, he was condescending AND self-righteous 15 55.56%
No. 9 33.33%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-15-2007, 01:33 AM   #1
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Was Tex condescending or self-righteous?

Rather than get into a "yes, you were!" - "no, I wasn't" discussion of whether Tex was being condescending (which may shed some light on why people react to him here as they do), I thought I'd open the question up to the forum at large.

Here is the post in question:
http://cougarguard.com/forum/showpos...4&postcount=39

Which he followed up with an equally condescending post.

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 01:40 AM   #2
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

I had on idea it was permissible to post something like this over here. Certainly wouldn't fly on the board. I'll have to keep this in mind for future reference.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 04:21 AM   #3
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

I didn't think it was bad. Yeah he was self righteous and condescending a little, but he was responding to a notion that's pretty self righteous in the first place--those that think they're above Sunday church instruction.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 04:39 AM   #4
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
I thought I'd open the question up to the forum at large.
Waaaaaaaaah. Someone call the waaaaaaaaaaahmbulance.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:27 PM   #5
SoCalCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
Waaaaaaaaah. Someone call the waaaaaaaaaaahmbulance.
Can you point me to your most recent respectful and substantive response to a post with which you disagree? I'm having trouble finding any.

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
Old 05-15-2007, 05:53 PM   #6
SoCalCoug

Okay - I'm calling the poll. The clear results are that Tex was, indeed, condescending and self-righteous. That is the judgment of Cougarguard.

Old 05-15-2007, 08:11 PM   #7
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCoug View Post
Okay - I'm calling the poll. The clear results are that Tex was, indeed, condescending and self-righteous. That is the judgment of Cougarguard.
The clear results are that so many posters clicked on the button that said Tex was condescending and self-righteous. What are the chances that they would have done that irrespective of what Tex wrote? Do you suppose bias has had any influence on this one?
Old 05-15-2007, 08:16 PM   #8
SoCalCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-American View Post
The clear results are that so many posters clicked on the button that said Tex was condescending and self-righteous. What are the chances that they would have done that irrespective of what Tex wrote? Do you suppose bias has had any influence on this one?
What bias? The bias based on their past experience with him?

Old 05-15-2007, 08:22 PM   #9
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCoug View Post
What bias? The bias based on their past experience with him?
Well, people should evaluate the linked post in question on its own merits instead of taking this occasion to symbolically register their general discontent with Tex.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 08:38 PM   #10
SoCalCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Well, people should evaluate the linked post in question on its own merits instead of taking this occasion to symbolically register their general discontent with Tex.
Which is what I intended. It was AA who suggested there might be bias - but even if that were so, it would be pretty telling.

Tex and Lingo seem to wonder why there's sometimes some backlash against them. I submit that a significant reason for that is that they both come across as arrogant and condescending. Apparently, more people agree with me (at least as to that one post) than not.