cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 05:11 PM   #31
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
This was my reaction as well. My ward has had a couple fo missionaries return home ealry. My family has had the same thing happen. I have not seen anyone be ostracized from family or from the ward and, to the contrary, in my ward, I think people tend to be very solicitous and try to be helpful. I am sure there are wards where early returnees may feel ostracized, but I do not think it is the norm.
I think it's getting better. Back in my day coming back early off a mission to Rexburg just was not an option. Everybody went (70 out of the 100 boys in my graduating class) and everybody stayed and that the way it was.
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 05:13 PM   #32
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot View Post
I also was once friends with a girl that had to describe in detail how many times in and out, etc.
Who counts?
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 05:17 PM   #33
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
Who counts?

Him: "A Lot"

Her: "not enough"
Old 10-17-2007, 05:18 PM   #34
SoonerCoug
Formerly known as MudPhudCoug

SoonerCoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
Who counts?
An autistic savant with a penchant for numbers?
SoonerCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 05:20 PM   #35
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I also was once friends with a girl that had to describe in detail how many times in and out, etc. She got the real impression that the bishop was getting a chub about it. She went inactive shortly thereafter, and as far as I know is still inactive 10-15 years later.
I was friends with a woman who had an affair and confessed it to her bishop. She hadn't confessed it to her husband yet, but word of the indiscretion got back to her from a lady in the RS who had learned about it from the bishop's wife. If I ever had any doubts that discussing intimacies with a bishop was a bad idea, that episode erased them.
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 05:20 PM   #36
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I also was once friends with a girl that had to describe in detail how many times in and out, etc. She got the real impression that the bishop was getting a chub about it. She went inactive shortly thereafter, and as far as I know is still inactive 10-15 years later.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 07:34 PM   #37
BYUruss

BYUruss is on a distinguished road

Other end of the spectrum: One of my good friends got a hand job from a member girl on his mission. He felt so bad about it that he called his MP right after, and all the MP did was talk with him and tell him to never do it again. I think it all depends on the MP.
BYUruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 07:35 PM   #38
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYUruss View Post
Other end of the spectrum: One of my good friends got a hand job from a member girl on his mission. He felt so bad about it that he called his MP right after, and all the MP did was talk with him and tell him to never do it again. I think it all depends on the MP.

WHo talks about this stuff? I feel like I'm in an episode of Jerry Springer.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:54 PM   #39
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

On the day before he was supposed to return home, one of my former companions confessed to me that he had made out with a girl from the ward a few days earlier and asked my advice on whether he should tell the mission president. I said, "Did you cast your seed?". He told me he didn't, so I said, "Vaya con Dios".
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 08:04 PM   #40
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur View Post
On the day before he was supposed to return home, one of my former companions confessed to me that he had made out with a girl from the ward a few days earlier and asked my advice on whether he should tell the mission president. I said, "Did you cast your seed?". He told me he didn't, so I said, "Vaya con Dios".

Crap, on my mission I had a guy in my District admit he was gay. I didn't want to tell him I didn't know what being gay meant, so I just said. That's good Elder, the Lord put us on on this earth to be happy.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote