cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2007, 05:33 AM   #1
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default I just thought I'd stop by to say...

I just thought I'd stop by to say how weird it is that the two most vilified posters in CG history are

A.) JohnnyLingo: as true-blue, blind to the truth, sheep-like a member of the Church as you'll find and

B.) SeattleUte: as apostate and bitter a former member of the Church as you'll find.

That's all.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 06:25 AM   #2
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
I just thought I'd stop by to say how weird it is that the two most vilified posters in CG history are

A.) JohnnyLingo: as true-blue, blind to the truth, sheep-like a member of the Church as you'll find and

B.) SeattleUte: as apostate and bitter a former member of the Church as you'll find.

That's all.
First of all, Robin.

Second, and on an unrelated note, two of the most vilified persons of the 20th century are Hitler and Stalin (reductio ad Hitlerum . . . ); one of them being on the extreme right of the political spectrum, and the other, the extreme left. These differences per se weren't the reason they were hated; rather, it was what made them common-- id est, they were harsh, cruel, tyrannical, and murderous.

In other words (and again, I would like to state how totally unrelated to the original premise this statement is [/sarcasm]), they were hated not because of the things that made them different, but because they were both complete douchebags unable to understand what other people think, or fathom the idea that somebody else's opinion might be worth listening to.

Not that such a description would fit either JohnnyLingo or SU, of course.

Last edited by All-American; 05-27-2007 at 09:13 PM.
All-American is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 06:39 AM   #3
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo View Post

That's all.
Ah damn, you didn't kill yourself.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote