cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Other College Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2008, 07:18 PM   #11
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-dog View Post
I had a Bishop at BYU call me into his office to ask me why I didn't go to Church. He told me he wouldn't sign my EE if I didn't attend. I told him I had only missed sacrament once the whole semester. He didn't believe me and made me say hi to him every Sunday for a month before he would sign my EE. I'm not surprised some might fight that time of crap instead of accomadate.

I will tell you what is shocking to me is that this is the first time anything like this has happened.

People with power run amuk all the time. There is a judge up here in Davis County that if you get in front of him, don't bother getting an attorney. Whatever your attorney and the prosecutor work out, the judge ingores it and throws the book at the person.

I have heard both non-mormons and mormons talk about him and say he brings his orthodox mormon view to every case he judges. In other words, justice is a hell of a lot more important than mercy.

I just hope this thing coming out in the open isn't going to open up a whole new effort by the fundamentalists to nail those damn athletes that get special treatment.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote