cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2007, 02:56 PM   #1
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I know I have a character flaw

when what I really miss about not being able to post on CB is opportunities that develop to mock posts like these.

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=2844317

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=2844307

Take MisterP's post. The kid going to the U is fine with him. The kid was only going to get kicked out of school anyway. Joe's post of course was to indicate how much better people are that go to BYU. Tell me how you could read it any other way.

Nope these guys miss the boat when people talk about pressure at BYU. The pressure is to be around these type of people who are on some kind of "high horse" and think their crap don't stink.

I maintain these type of BYU fans are by far the minority but when someone wants to point out what pious, arrogant and self aggradizing BYU fans are like, they point to posts like these.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:07 PM   #2
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
when what I really miss about not being able to post on CB is opportunities that develop to mock posts like these.

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=2844317

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=2844307

Take MisterP's post. The kid going to the U is fine with him. The kid was only going to get kicked out of school anyway. Joe's post of course was to indicate how much better people are that go to BYU. Tell me how you could read it any other way.

Nope these guys miss the boat when people talk about pressure at BYU. The pressure is to be around these type of people who are on some kind of "high horse" and think their crap don't stink.

I maintain these type of BYU fans are by far the minority but when someone wants to point out what pious, arrogant and self aggradizing BYU fans are like, they point to posts like these.
The MisterP comment is ugly if believed. But I think a lot of people say crap to get under Ute fans' skin. I might be guilty of doing that at times.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:19 PM   #3
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

The morning after this story broke I was listening to KFAN online and someone called in with "a very reliable source" that told him that Siliaga made the switch because he liked to drink...and this guy was serious.

DJ & PK were stunned and couldn't get off the phone with the guy fast enough...it's sad when people have to resort to that kind of smack...on both sides...
Old 07-20-2007, 03:23 PM   #4
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe the caller was Ofa.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:27 PM   #5
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
The morning after this story broke I was listening to KFAN online and someone called in with "a very reliable source" that told him that Siliaga made the switch because he liked to drink...and this guy was serious.

DJ & PK were stunned and couldn't get off the phone with the guy fast enough...it's sad when people have to resort to that kind of smack...on both sides...
So what if he likes to drink anyway. That is an issue between his Bishop and his family.

I really dislike the fact that the BYU atmoshpere creates situations where fans think they too are involved in the process that concerns a family and their Bishop.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote