cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2011, 01:16 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LDS website (ward websites)

Here it is, 2011, still waiting for basic web competency. My bishop has asked me to add my picture to my profile on the new LDS ward website. If I could find where this can be done, in between, the multiple site time-outs, that would be great.

I swear, sometimes it feels like this is one step above dancing banana gifs and 8-bit website theme music.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:13 AM   #2
danimal

danimal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Here it is, 2011, still waiting for basic web competency. My bishop has asked me to add my picture to my profile on the new LDS ward website. If I could find where this can be done, in between, the multiple site time-outs, that would be great.

I swear, sometimes it feels like this is one step above dancing banana gifs and 8-bit website theme music.
Where's FMCoug when you need him? i noticed that new lds site got updated but haven't tried to use it.
Tobias: You know, Lindsay, as a therapist, I have advised a number of couples to explore an open relationship where the couple remains emotionally committed, but free to explore extra-marital encounters.

Lindsay: Well, did it work for those people?

Tobias: No, it never does. I mean, these people somehow delude themselves into thinking it might, but...but it might work for us.
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:32 AM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I was able to finally edit my profile. The problem, I think, is that the servers were overloaded. I'm sure the church runs their capacity to the ragged edge, meaning that at peak times, like Saturday evenings and Sunday evenings, they are essentially maxed out, or above max.

Back a few years ago, the sites were unuseable at such times.

If the sites aren't available when people need them, then they are essentially useless. I don't need the site at Tuesday 6am, thank you very much.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote