cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2010, 10:17 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Debt and relationships

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/04/yo...y.html?_r=1&hp

I'm sorry, but if I found out that my fiancé had racked up 170k to get a bachelors degree in photography, I'd have broken off the engagement as well. Cuckoo what some people think a crappy education is worth.

I had a friend that was dating a woman who had significant credit card debt. I knew he considered it a very big negative when thinking about getting engaged/married. He eventually broke off the relationship, but more because of her skin complexion. [I am not s****ing you, lol, it's true.]

I remember I was kind of set up with a chick in college. It wasn't really a date, but kind of. She gave me one of the worst lines I have ever heard in terms of trying to attract a member of the opposite sex, in response to my question of what she was doing with her life: "I've been depressed, so I've taken the semester off, and I'm living off credit cards <light-hearted laugh>." Well, that sounds dandy, how can I join you in this? Look, I believe in compassion, but not necessarily compassion in terms of who you marry. As far as I'm concerned, marriage is tough enough without standing at the plate already having 2 strikes, no balls, and two broken arms. In terms of this girl, I never saw her again. Luckily she wasn't hot enough to tempt me into her web [I know, awful thing to say, but men are stupid and we will do stupid things over a woman with a modicum of good looks].

My personal opinion is that many people treat college and their 20s as an extended adolescence, studying crap, having no plan. If the person is lucky, he gets to mooch off his parents. If he is not, then he walks around with a kind of debt that might as well be a boil on the end of your nose.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote