cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 10:28 PM   #151
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Perhaps not, but there seems to be a connection, most of the time.
...and that I consider to be a fault. Just being tough enough to take whatever anybody chooses to dish out isn't really anything that I choose to aspire to, and I don't think it's a very flattering quality in any woman. However, I also think that there's a lot to be said for not letting other people's behavior turn a person into a resentful and/or irritable individual. Forgiveness has to come into play somewhere in there to prevent that.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 03:32 PM   #152
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post

And yes, Mormon men do dictate what Mormon women can wear via the garments. The RS doesn't decide what the garments will be, the Priesthood does. The only difference between the burka enforcement squads in Afghanistan and the Mormon garment police all around us is the US Constitution and Bill of Rights. Just last night I listened to a woman visiting my wife go on and on at how disgusting some girl was who had her garment sleeves showing through a see through shirt sleeve.
I'd wager a large sum of money that if the RS actually did decide what the garments would be, they would be more likely to make them longer or otherwise more restrictive than the men have/would.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 03:37 PM   #153
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
I'd wager a large sum of money that if the RS actually did decide what the garments would be, they would be more likely to make them longer or otherwise more restrictive than the men have/would.
You mean the fat old ladies would make that decision? I would support it, as long as it only applied to them.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 03:39 PM   #154
Requiem

Requiem is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'll take that wager at 500:1. Walk a mile (or block) with your crotch being sliced in half and get back to me.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 03:56 PM   #155
SteelBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I'll take that wager at 500:1. Walk a mile (or block) with your crotch being sliced in half and get back to me.
Get out of a singles ward and listen to the ladies over 40 (especially those that look like Mike described a couple posts above) complain about how immodest all the younger women are. Then tell me how many ladies in the General Relief Society Presidency are anywhere near your age. In short, I'll take your bet. If you think men can be mullah's...
Old 10-07-2007, 04:00 PM   #156
Requiem

Requiem is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Get out of a singles ward and listen to the ladies over 40 (especially those that look like Mike described a couple posts above) complain about how immodest all the younger women are. Then tell me how many ladies in the General Relief Society Presidency are anywhere near your age. In short, I'll take your bet. If you think men can be mullah's...
Thanks for ending all hope SB . So all I can look forward to is evolving into a dreaded chick mullah? Are there chick mullah choirs?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:03 PM   #157
SteelBlue

Quote:
Thanks for ending all hope SB . So all I can look forward to is evolving into a dreaded chick mullah? Are there chick mullah choirs?
Yeah, you'll always be able to sing! But I'm telling you, if you get what you're wishing for re: garments be prepared to revert to the wrist/ankle length
Old 10-07-2007, 04:07 PM   #158
FarrahWaters

FarrahWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

I have the opposite problem, the crotch of mine always hang too low. Everybody's body is different, how are they supposed to have one design that will work for everyone?
FarrahWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:54 PM   #159
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

I side on the women on this one, the garments should be more tailored, cover less territory and provide more options. And they shouldn't be designed just for fat-bottomed women who are justly ashamed of their bodies.

Whoever designed women's or even men's garments loathes the body and is a masochist. To be fair though, if you call SLC, they will redesign them to some extent if after meeting at the local temple nothing fits. You will have to go through lots of meetings, but they do try to accommodate.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:09 AM   #160
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarrahWaters View Post
I have the opposite problem, the crotch of mine always hang too low.

But can you tie in a knot or tie it in a bow?