cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2008, 03:21 AM   #11
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
We're not just super chummy with mid-majors these days. ;-)
BYU 31 OU 6 12.29.94., that's okay.

How'd you do against BSU?
Old 08-16-2008, 03:30 AM   #12
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
BYU 31 OU 6 12.29.94., that's okay.

How'd you do against BSU?
Hm. I don't remember. We sure handled Utah State though!
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 03:36 AM   #13
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmm when I log onto Myspace, I get ads of scantily clad "singles" in my area who want to meet me. It always gives their names and ages, and says they are in Memphis.

Tonight, the exact same photos of those same girls are "in Checotah" and they still want to meet me.

Am I being stalked?
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 03:52 PM   #14
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

Timing belt went out and left the water pump with a bad leak. $835 parts and labor, won't be finished until late Monday. Two more nights in the cockroach motel where Herman, Whiskers and I bonded during the night.

Hyrum had a good point; had this happened while in SoCal or in parts of the deep south with their reverse racism, I could have ended up paying a lot more.

I'm bummed though because I just replaced the belt last November, in Salt Lake. Saw Coach Whittingham get flipped off by Joe Glenn while my car was being fixed. Put maybe 5,000 miles on that car since. Most of my driving is done on rentals.

I'll see what the Checotah branch is like tomorrow, in my shorts and polo shirt. I'm sure the whole Underwood clan are members. I bet they invite me over for dinner.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:34 AM   #15
Mormon Red Death

Mormon Red Death is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
I was invited to visit a friend in Dallas for a couple of days, to ponder and get my mind off of things. Decided to go home through Oklahoma City, to see the temple there. While heading east on the 40, right before the off-ramp for a tiny town named Checotah, my engine light came on and my car stopped accelerating. Trying to restart the engine, listening to it groan, it sounds like a timing belt, although I just replaced the timing belt last November. Camry with 102,000 miles.

I am completely at the mercy of the honesty of the mechanics at the Toyota dealership, who will look at it in the morning. In the meantime, I am at the only hotel in town, a cockroach motel called the Royal Inn. $55 per night. The mattress is a sinkhole.

I could be here for several nights.

When it rains it pours.
its your fault for buying japanese. Had you bought a saturn you wouldn't have had these problems
Old 08-17-2008, 01:55 PM   #16
hyrum

hyrum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Timing belt went out and left the water pump with a bad leak. $835 parts and labor, won't be finished until late Monday. Two more nights in the cockroach motel where Herman, Whiskers and I bonded during the night.

Hyrum had a good point; had this happened while in SoCal or in parts of the deep south with their reverse racism, I could have ended up paying a lot more.

I'm bummed though because I just replaced the belt last November, in Salt Lake. Saw Coach Whittingham get flipped off by Joe Glenn while my car was being fixed. Put maybe 5,000 miles on that car since. Most of my driving is done on rentals.

I'll see what the Checotah branch is like tomorrow, in my shorts and polo shirt. I'm sure the whole Underwood clan are members. I bet they invite me over for dinner.
Wow just 5k miles on a timing belt. Have to wonder if it was defective or something. Water pump is a cheap item when the belts are off like that anyway, barely any labor to swap out.
hyrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:47 PM   #17
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

My girlfriend has quite a set of lungs. This is for you to enjoy while browsing.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:19 PM   #18
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Drove through Checotah this last weekend. It's everything you described it to be.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:05 PM   #19
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

I knew I was in for a long weekend when the tow driver asked whether I wanted the good motel or the cheap motel.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:11 PM   #20
Hot Lunch

Hot Lunch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hmm when I log onto Myspace, I get ads of scantily clad "singles" in my area who want to meet me. It always gives their names and ages, and says they are in Memphis.

Tonight, the exact same photos of those same girls are "in Checotah" and they still want to meet me.

Am I being stalked?
"Every other city we goooooooo. Every other videoooo. No matter where I go, I see the same hoes."

Let my good friend 2Pac teach you about what is going on in this situation.
Hot Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote