cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2006, 06:06 PM   #11
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo
1. Would you like some cheese with that whine? Wow... I had no idea people are still bitching about that.

2. What's the Cougar Guard War of May 06?
LOL ... is that a defensive posture you're taking lolol
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 06:06 PM   #12
livecoug

livecoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue
It only made people angry because it accentuated the hypocrisy of the board management … a clique of posters were permitted to ignore jefe’s sacred rules in the name of being silly!

My diminished presence on Cougar Board can be traced back to that prank.

Those that participated in the Cougar Guard War of May 06 :-P were not afforded the same grace as those that pranked Cougar Board members.

come on too, it was a great prank and there was nothing to be winy about.. there was no hipocracy.. anyone could have asked jefe if they could do a prank and he probably would have been in on it (which he was for B4H.. no biggie). There is no "clique". grasping at straws my man..
livecoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 06:11 PM   #13
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually Bernard, a former mission bud of mine, was aware of the prank, but not a coordinator of it.

Bernard is familiar with jefe, but I wouldn't call him a close associate or a close friend of jefe. I've known better and a lot longer than jefe has.
Old 05-19-2006, 06:11 PM   #14
tooblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by livecoug
come on too, it was a great prank and there was nothing to be winy about.. there was no hipocracy.. anyone could have asked jefe if they could do a prank and he probably would have been in on it (which he was for B4H.. no biggie). There is no "clique". grasping at straws my man..
Providing an explaination as to why people were angry is not 'winy' ... and it is a classic case of hypocrisy, especially considering recent events ;^) And jefe wondered why he might not be trusted!

Last edited by tooblue; 05-19-2006 at 06:15 PM.
Old 05-19-2006, 06:13 PM   #15
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

So if I understand correctly, it was just a hoax that was well-timed and orchestrated by a select group of the CB faithful.

How long ago was it? I get the impression it was more than a little while ago. And people haven't tired of it yet? Wow, what stamina.

Aside from the hypocrisy of which tooblue mentions (which I can appreciate, as a casualty of the recent carnage), what did people get upset over? Was it just being a victim of a prank that got to them?

As an outsider, its hard to get any info over there, as any questions are answered with "Bernard 4 Heisman!!!!!"
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 06:14 PM   #16
livecoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue
Providing an explaination as to why people were angry is not 'winy' ... and it is a classic case of hypocrisy, especially considering recent events ;^) And jefe wondered why he might not be trusted not to look at members passwords!

it wasn't hipocracy cause jefe knew.. the CG game was behind his back.. big difference.. like I said, if you proposed a prank to jefe, you would get his backing.. but i wouldn't suggest it cause there are too many people with panties in a bunch who would bitch and moan about it.. B4H was harmless!
Old 05-19-2006, 06:16 PM   #17
tooblue

For me it was hipocrisy!
Old 05-19-2006, 06:17 PM   #18
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Hey, what the crap is the great CougarGuard War of '06?
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 06:17 PM   #19
livecoug

sorry you felt that way too. I should revise, though. Jefe probably wouldn't accept a prank proposal from people now because of the hell raised by the bitchers and moaners..
Old 05-19-2006, 06:18 PM   #20
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by livecoug
it wasn't hipocracy cause jefe knew.. the CG game was behind his back.. big difference.. like I said, if you proposed a prank to jefe, you would get his backing.. but i wouldn't suggest it cause there are too many people with panties in a bunch who would bitch and moan about it.. B4H was harmless!
Some would argue that the recent episode was harmless as well. But apparently not the powers that be. Seriously, 30 days (or more) for what? There was absolutely no harm done and the integrity of the board is still apparently intact.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote