cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events

Old 01-10-2008, 02:08 PM   #11
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
You're correct about that. That's why me and every other person on the board are supporting Mitt Romney.
or John McCain!
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:04 PM   #12
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Here is the video released by Iranian navy .They are trying to identify the ships and the location. Also they have tried very much to contact the ships by changing the frequency and communication adjusments.

Mindfulcoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:31 PM   #13
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
Here is the video released by Iranian navy .They are trying to identify the ships and the location. Also they have tried very much to contact the ships by changing the frequency and communication adjusments.

So, the initial claim that the U.S. video was a fake, was a fake. Certainly this has you laughing.

It doesn't look like Rev Guards are very good conversationalists.

Next time your video will end with a red flash and then go to black and 3-4 more good muslims will be enjoying their 70 virgins.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:34 PM   #14
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
Then explain the video. The only denial is that the audio tape was fake (which is possible, although I do not think so) and that the video was compiled from file footage. The Iranian spokesperson did not say the video was fake, it said it was "compiled using file pictures." File pictures of what? What file footage has these boats throwing boxes in the water? What was going on in the file footage that caused these boats to behave in this manner? When were these file pictures taken? There is no denial that these are Iranian navy boats, and there is no denial that the people in the boats did exactly what they are seen doing in the video. Instead there is a claim that this footage was of a different time or situation without any effort to explain how this is known or what was happening when it was taken. This is not a credible explanation.

The Vincennes downing of the Iranian airliner was a tragic error for which the United States officially noted regret for the loss of life and paid reparations. This has nothing to do with Revolutionary Guards playing a dangerous game of cat and mouse with warships in the Strait.
The reason i mentioned about USS vincennes shot down a civilian Iranian airplane was definitely not to provoke empathy ,rather a reminder of somhow same incident .

you may want to read the whole story here .very interesting

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jksonc/...-19920701.html

Captain Roger apparently "thought " they were in international water (which they werenot) and he also "thought" the airplane (which actually were flying in economical corridor ) was a F-14, F-4 ,a tactical aircraft engaged in support of the ongoing surface action. (which it wasnot)

it seems with this very mistaken navy operations which take huge cost(innocent lives) .. you guys should consider to stop policing the world.

Thanks to the iranian captured properties ,it become quite cheap for america to pay for reparation.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:37 PM   #15
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
It only seems ridiculously questionable if you are Iranian.

To shoot on the boats would have led Iran to claim we were started a war with them as aggressors (which is exactly what those silly little boats Iran calls a navy were trying to do). It didn't work, Iran is now embarrassed, and the best you can come up with is an incident in 1988 (which WAS appalling).
being an american automatically means you are unfamiliar with the word "lie" ,therefor this story seems unquestionable to you .i got it now.
providing only one reason or evidence which prove iran's love to enter in war with US or any other country would be truly appreciable.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:39 PM   #16
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
or John McCain!
Mac Cain just seems about the right choice .. well experienced ,politicians /militarist, who knows good joke and sings with ..well...lets say good voice.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:45 PM   #17
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
So, the initial claim that the U.S. video was a fake, was a fake. Certainly this has you laughing.

It doesn't look like Rev Guards are very good conversationalists.

Next time your video will end with a red flash and then go to black and 3-4 more good muslims will be enjoying their 70 virgins.
let me correct you in here.. it supposed to be 72 not 70.

it seems fair to keep your only knowledge about islam (which is barely beyond some numbers " 4 " "4:3" "72" ) accurate.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:55 PM   #18
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
let me correct you in here.. it supposed to be 72 not 70.

it seems fair to keep your only knowledge about islam (which is barely beyond some numbers " 4 " "4:3" "72" ) accurate.
Ooooo, 72. Even better.

You are now my Islamic mentor.

So, what do the women get for all their hard work?

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:39 PM   #19
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
being an american automatically means you are unfamiliar with the word "lie" ,therefor this story seems unquestionable to you .i got it now.
providing only one reason or evidence which prove iran's love to enter in war with US or any other country would be truly appreciable.
By "any other country," do you include Israel? Thanks in advance.

I understand cheering for the home team here. You are Iranian, so you feel compelled to defend Iran. But surely you understand the barbaric acts committed by your own government against your own people. You do have internet access, is it unfettered?

As for the US policing the world's waters, even Iran wouldn't ask the US to stop doing that. I don't know if you are familiar with international law or not, but many (most) of the US actions with its navy pertain to ensuring rights of passage of international vessels, ensuring fishing and mining rights for the global community, preventing poaching, etc. Not to mention curbing piracy, international nuclear arms proliferation, etc. Be careful what you ask for, Mindful.

As for the US "lying," sure they do. I don't like it when it happens, either. But if you want to stack up the transparency of your government versus ours, or the transparency of any other nation's versus ours, have at it. It will be a losing battle for you.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 06:18 PM   #20
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
Ooooo, 72. Even better.

You are now my Islamic mentor.

So, what do the women get for all their hard work?
well, you may want to start from here .good luck with that

http://cougarguard.com/forum/showthr...rmon+theocracy