cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events

Old 01-11-2008, 06:32 PM   #21
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
By "any other country," do you include Israel? Thanks in advance.

I understand cheering for the home team here. You are Iranian, so you feel compelled to defend Iran. But surely you understand the barbaric acts committed by your own government against your own people. You do have internet access, is it unfettered?

As for the US policing the world's waters, even Iran wouldn't ask the US to stop doing that. I don't know if you are familiar with international law or not, but many (most) of the US actions with its navy pertain to ensuring rights of passage of international vessels, ensuring fishing and mining rights for the global community, preventing poaching, etc. Not to mention curbing piracy, international nuclear arms proliferation, etc. Be careful what you ask for, Mindful.

As for the US "lying," sure they do. I don't like it when it happens, either. But if you want to stack up the transparency of your government versus ours, or the transparency of any other nation's versus ours, have at it. It will be a losing battle for you.
your welcome ,but Israel first needs to be recognised as a legitimate state,befor waging any war with, methinks .

I prefer not to answer your disrespectful judgement about my country rather ask you to supply your information pool with more accurate data...... taking a quick look at your government's middle east ally's list would bring you new insight!

as far as this so-called transparency battle goes ..i believe its people's desire/will to know ,which would determine who would be the winner,no matter where you live . (not any more in internet era)

thanks to the american tax payers (sorry il Padrino Ute) ,iranians have been taking "democracy tablet" one per day ,so yes ,we have pretty much access to whatever you have.

fortuitously i am talking with a international law expert ..which means you would acknowledge ,there is roughly such a law characterizing the international water policing. therefor the USA presence in the prsian gulf is in favor of fearful ,corrupt arab governments who invited you over and foot the US navy operation bills.

i suppous you would agree with me that , if there is ever any IWP ..it should be done through UN force ..which was organized to prevent emerging new superpower as we had through history a la Pax Britannica." being the world police and superpower would hugely cost americans ... so you would better be cautious what you wish for.
Mindfulcoug is offline   Reply With Quote