cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 05:50 PM   #1
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay
Default Anyone see this story?

I really hope they get the guy who did this. The mother was one of my mom's roommates at BYU. The whole thing was very ugly. I remember my mom going up to visit her shortly after it happened, and she took my brother and sister with her to play with the boys. We got all kinds of instruction on the way up and not saying ANYTHING about their sister because one of the boys was having a really hard time. She told me later that it only got worse when he got older, and could still remember them taking her, because then he started to blame himself for not doing anything. Anyway, really sad what it did to their family, and I really hope that they can lock the guy up. They've known for a long time who did it, just haven't been able to get enough evidence.

http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695204653,00.html
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:52 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Who is the suspect?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:57 PM   #3
Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Who is the suspect?
I don't know his name. It was somebody that was living in their neighborhood though. They tortured her, and there were rumors that a video tape had been made of them doing that, but I don't think they ever found one. My sister said that when the parents went to identify the body they only say her face...had to look at her teeth, and the cops wouldn't tell her dad what had been done to her because they were afraid that he'd snap and go vigilante.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:59 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post
I don't know his name. It was somebody that was living in their neighborhood though. They tortured her, and there were rumors that a video tape had been made of them doing that, but I don't think they ever found one. My sister said that when the parents went to identify the body they only say her face...had to look at her teeth, and the cops wouldn't tell her dad what had been done to her because they were afraid that he'd snap and go vigilante.
It was one person, or more than one person?

We can't help vet out this person unless we have his name.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:02 PM   #5
MikeWaters
Demiurge

btw, don't post his name here. Just send me a PM. If you want to get it to me, that is.

There is always the chance that this person has done something else stupid, immoral, and illegal.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:05 PM   #6
Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
It was one person, or more than one person?

We can't help vet out this person unless we have his name.

There was more than one person involved, or at least aware of what happened. If I'm not mistaken there was a guy trying to plea-bargain with some information several years ago, but for some reason that didn't pan out.

Sorry, I never heard the name. Not even sure they told my mom. She just said it was somebody that lived very close to them, and the police knew who it was, but couldn't do anything about it.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:07 PM   #7
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
There was more than one person involved, or at least aware of what happened. If I'm not mistaken there was a guy trying to plea-bargain with some information several years ago, but for some reason that didn't pan out.

Sorry, I never heard the name. Not even sure they told my mom. She just said it was somebody that lived very close to them, and the police knew who it was, but couldn't do anything about it.
the KFC murders in North Texas were cracked when they went back and applied DNA evidence.

Have the police here tried this? All it would take is one hair.

(it seems like Utah police are particularly inept, so I don't take it for granted that they have tried this).
Old 08-27-2007, 06:10 PM   #8
Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
the KFC murders in North Texas were cracked when they went back and applied DNA evidence.

Have the police here tried this? All it would take is one hair.

(it seems like Utah police are particularly inept, so I don't take it for granted that they have tried this).
I don't think they have. I know they went through the house and got fingerprints, hair and stuff to use to identify the body, but I don't think they ever ran DNA tests. In the article it sort of implies that they may do that now that the case is being revisited.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:14 PM   #9
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
I don't think they have. I know they went through the house and got fingerprints, hair and stuff to use to identify the body, but I don't think they ever ran DNA tests. In the article it sort of implies that they may do that now that the case is being revisited.
I take it they will make sure and schedule it in such a fashion that it does not interfere with donut breaks.

The amount of incompetence and dishonesty in law enforcement is matched only by the amount of courage and gumption of others in law enforcement.

Going back and doing DNA is a no-brainer.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:22 PM   #10
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Stories like this just absolutely fill me with rage. Heck if I knew the guy's name I'd want to eunichize him with a rusty steak knife myself. I cannot imagine being the father of this little girl - the pain would just be too unbearable.
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote