cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2011, 03:43 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Why is Jay Drew so useless?

One of the most important moments in all of BYU sports history, possible invite to the Big 12, and you don't even get a peep from him about the topic.

Like almost, he hasn't even been paying attention.

"Well, Mike, if you must know, I don't degrade myself with the rumor-mongering of the Chip Browns, just for page clicks. The news will be apparently when it is apparent, and until then, I will report exactly that--the news."

That's fine Jay, but just consider that maybe you would be better at selling sunglasses at the mall, with that kind of attitude.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 03:45 PM   #2
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
One of the most important moments in all of BYU sports history, possible invite to the Big 12, and you don't even get a peep from him about the topic.

Like almost, he hasn't even been paying attention.

"Well, Mike, if you must know, I don't degrade myself with the rumor-mongering of the Chip Browns, just for page clicks. The news will be apparently when it is apparent, and until then, I will report exactly that--the news."

That's fine Jay, but just consider that maybe you would be better at selling sunglasses at the mall, with that kind of attitude.
It not just him. This could be one of the most significant changes to college football ever. And few are covering it. Particularly quiet in all this is espn. Look at their website. As of last night, they had one story on the side bar on the CFB page (not even on the main page) on this topic. Their top CFB page story was about preseason polls. That tells me that for espn at least, they are actively guiding the talks and aren't going to "scoop" themselves until they have a deal they like and want to report.

But at least espn has a reason. No clue why local guys aren't camped out on Holmoe's lawn right now.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote