cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2007, 10:01 PM   #1
tkh9

tkh9
Default Reporting in...

I ended up only doing the 75 mile route because I had to get back for a family event. I wish I could have done the 100.

4:40 riding time
Roughly 6 hours if you include rest stops and lunch.

Avg speed was only around 16.5 mph, so we qualified as slow.

There were 7 of us riding in 3 groups. One pair started out intending to do the 40 mile route and rode the 100 instead. The other pair started out intending to do the 100 and did, but finished 1 hour behind the other pair.

My group consisted of 3 riders. Two of us rode together, the 3rd kind of did his own thing.

Yes, I rode with a helmet with a visor on it, and I took it pretty easy, riding point most of the way. I probably miked a grand total of 3 miles.

Cadence was between 80-85 so I should probably pick that up a little bit.

Here's a map:
http://bikeutu.nationalmssociety.org...dInterest=1646

I did ride the stretch between Newton and Benson Marina by myself and probably averaged close to 20mph on that stretch.

My riding partner probably broke an axle about 1.5 miles before the finish (ironically at exactly 75 miles.)

Slow, we're slow, but we finished.
tkh9 is offline   Reply With Quote