cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2007, 07:04 PM   #11
Sleeping in EQ

Sleeping in EQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
Well deserved and earned mockery might I add......you have issues. lol................

Joseph Smith rings....lol.................

lol......................quick.....write the church and demand your membership be withdrawn right now.........quick!!!

lol.................go protest Deseret Book. With Signs even.....I mean if there were ever something to get in a snit over this would certainly be it...

lol...............
More of the same.
"Do not despise the words of prophets, but test everything; hold fast to what is good; " 1 Thess. 5:21 (NRSV)

We all trust our own unorthodoxies.
Sleeping in EQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 07:06 PM   #12
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
More of the same.
You earned it

lol.....................Joseph Smith rings...................lol..................
Old 02-10-2007, 07:09 PM   #13
Sleeping in EQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
I think you're overstating the martyrdom aspect. Yes it's mentioned, but seems to be for historical background. I'd personally file that under cheesy and not disturbing.

I thought the description of the circle engraved on the ring as "an eternal circle" was humorous. I wonder if I can get a non-eternal circle engraved on mine? I also enjoyed the description of who wore the ring after Joseph. I was just waiting to find out who took it to Mordor and threw it into the fire.
The fact that people would wear a ring because it was like JS's ring is reason enough to object. That DB is using the fact that he wore it to Carthage to sell it is, in the very least, in extraordinarily bad taste. The comparison to Mormons not wearing crosses so as not to dwell on Jesus' death, but wearing rings that will remind them of Joseph's martyrdom is not much of a leap. Expect antis to make hay out of this.
"Do not despise the words of prophets, but test everything; hold fast to what is good; " 1 Thess. 5:21 (NRSV)

Old 02-10-2007, 07:10 PM   #14
Sleeping in EQ

Quote:
You earned it

lol.....................Joseph Smith rings...................lol..................
I'm putting you on ignore, Rocky.

Old 02-10-2007, 07:11 PM   #15
RockyBalboa

Quote:
I'm putting you on ignore, Rocky.
lol....ignore or not you certainly set yourself up today.......To think how blindsided you must have felt this morning reading this devastating news....must've ruined your whole weekend................lol
Old 02-10-2007, 07:14 PM   #16
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
The fact that people would wear a ring because it was like JS's ring is reason enough to object. That DB is using the fact that he wore it to Carthage to sell it is, in the very least, in extraordinarily bad taste. The comparison to Mormons not wearing crosses so as not to dwell on Jesus' death, but wearing rings that will remind them of Joseph's martyrdom is not much of a leap. Expect antis to make hay out of this.
I'll be shocked if anti's even find out about this. I just don't see it as something that will sell. I understand your point, I just don't think anything will come of it. DB has been pushing cheese on the LDS population for decades.

You may want to take a closer look at the advertisement anyway SIEQ. Aparrently it also makes an "attractive wedding set". Perhaps SIRS would like to trade in her diamond?
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 07:15 PM   #17
Sleeping in EQ

Quote:
lol....ignore or not you certainly set yourself up today.......To think how blindsided you must have felt this morning reading this devastating news....must've ruined your whole weekend................lol
I didn't feel blindsided at all. And I didn't say that this was the biggest deal in the world. You have simply been looking for an opportunity to mock. I just feel sorry that you are so pathetic.

Old 02-10-2007, 07:19 PM   #18
RockyBalboa

Quote:
I didn't feel blindsided at all. And I didn't say that this was the biggest deal in the world. You have simply been looking for an opportunity to mock. I just feel sorry that you are so pathetic.
It was like putting a softball on a golfing tee. Hey...when you set yourself up so easy it would be a crime if I didn't take advantage of it. Either way, you'll get over yourself and the inner torture you must be feeling from such a monumental and shattering catacylsmic event.

I mean who knows what they'll start selling next......breastplates from the Armies of Helaman? If anything I'd write a detailed letter critiquing this grave injustice.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:20 PM   #19
Sleeping in EQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
I'll be shocked if anti's even find out about this. I just don't see it as something that will sell. I understand your point, I just don't think anything will come of it. DB has been pushing cheese on the LDS population for decades.

You may want to take a closer look at the advertisement anyway SIEQ. Aparrently it also makes an "attractive wedding set". Perhaps SIRS would like to trade in her diamond?
Never underestimate what antis will come up with. And I hope--I really hope--that Church members have the good sense not to buy these things. That doesn't change my indignation over DB selling them. I did see the "attractive wedding set" bit. SIRS is the one who told me about the rings in the first place. She's half joking about putting two piercings in her ear and seeing if she can rig the things up to wear as earrings...

Old 02-10-2007, 07:23 PM   #20
Sleeping in EQ

Quote:
It was like putting a softball on a golfing tee. Hey...when you set yourself up so easy it would be a crime if I didn't take advantage of it. Either way, you'll get over yourself and the inner torture you must be feeling from such a monumental and shattering catacylsmic event.

I mean who knows what they'll start selling next......breastplates from the Armies of Helaman? If anything I'd write a detailed letter critiquing this grave injustice.
Being that mockery and misconstruance come easy to you, I don't doubt it. The person who can't get over himself is you, and many of us on CG know this.