cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 11:19 PM   #41
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
It's on 5th Avenue.
On this subject I prefer living museuams that allow full participation.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:20 PM   #42
woot

woot is on a distinguished road

Also, ladies do not go outside without a head scarf and tent. They must also be sure to walk at least 3 step behind the required male companion, and are never to make eye contact.
woot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:22 PM   #43
Mrs. Funk

Mrs. Funk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot View Post
Also, ladies do not go outside without a head scarf and tent. They must also be sure to walk at least 3 step behind the required male companion, and are never to make eye contact.
Perfect! Then they can wear their pajamas under the tent, but nobody can seen them. That should placate BB.
Mrs. Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:23 PM   #44
Burning Bright

Burning Bright is on a distinguished road

I'm not trolling and I don't see any humor here at all. I just wanted to see what the consensus was and I must say that I'm suprised. You all sound just like my daughter's principal. I'm SHOCKED that nobody sees my point of view and agrees with me.

As for my use of the word intimate, I'll paste from dictionary.com below:

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) -
in·ti·mate1 [in-tuh-mit]

–adjective 1. associated in close personal relations: an intimate friend.
2. characterized by or involving warm friendship or a personally close or familiar association or feeling: an intimate greeting.
3. very private; closely personal: one's intimate affairs.
4. characterized by or suggesting privacy or intimacy; warmly cozy: an intimate little café.
5. (of an association, knowledge, understanding, etc.) arising from close personal connection or familiar experience.
6. engaged in or characterized by sexual relations.
7. (of clothing) worn next to the skin, under street or outer garments: intimate apparel.
8. detailed; deep: a more intimate analysis.
9. showing a close union or combination of particles or elements: an intimate mixture.
10. inmost; deep within.
11. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of the inmost or essential nature; intrinsic: the intimate structure of an organism.
12. of, pertaining to, or existing in the inmost depths of the mind: intimate beliefs.
–noun 13. an intimate friend or associate, esp. a confidant.

Ok, I'm back. I'm using the word as used in the first 5 definitions. It doesn't even refer to sexuality until definition 6.

I'm just saying that I want my daughter to behave and dress like a lady and to have definate boundaries with the opposite sex until she's married. I don't want her to be casual about stuff like that. Am not worried about her when she's 5, I'm training her in proper behavior now for when she's 16.

Aren't there enough teen pregnancies and STDs in world? There's nothing wrong with having boundaries.
Burning Bright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:23 PM   #45
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Funk View Post
And you frequent?
Ask for the "DDD discount."

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:24 PM   #46
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
On this subject I prefer living museuams that allow full participation.
You should go to the one in Amsterdam, then.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 10-22-2007, 11:25 PM   #47
Burning Bright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Funk View Post
There's a huge difference between pajamas and underwear! I don't understand how you consider them synonymous!
They're not synonymous.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:26 PM   #48
Mrs. Funk

Mrs. Funk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Bright View Post
I'm not trolling and I don't see any humor here at all. I just wanted to see what the consensus was and I must say that I'm suprised. You all sound just like my daughter's principal. I'm SHOCKED that nobody sees my point of view and agrees with me.

in·ti·mate1 [in-tuh-mit]

2. characterized by or involving warm friendship or a personally close or familiar association or feeling: an intimate greeting.
4. characterized by or suggesting privacy or intimacy; warmly cozy: an intimate little café.
5. (of an association, knowledge, understanding, etc.) arising from close personal connection or familiar experience.
7. (of clothing) worn next to the skin, under street or outer garments: intimate apparel.
9. showing a close union or combination of particles or elements: an intimate mixture.
10. inmost; deep within.
11. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of the inmost or essential nature; intrinsic: the intimate structure of an organism.
12. of, pertaining to, or existing in the inmost depths of the mind: intimate beliefs.

Ok, I'm back. I'm using the word as used in the first 5 definitions. It doesn't even refer to sexuality until definition 6.

I'm just saying that I want my daughter to behave and dress like a lady and to have definate boundaries with the opposite sex until she's married. I don't want her to be casual about stuff like that. Am not worried about her when she's 5, I'm training her in proper behavior now for when she's 16.

Aren't there enough teen pregnancies and STDs in world? There's nothing wrong with having boundaries.
I'm sorry, I just don't believe that you aren't using this to deter your daughter from projected sexual promiscuity, if you are being serious. What type of trouble are you worried about her getting into if not that of "getting too close" to members of the opposite sex in some kind of sexual way?
Mrs. Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:26 PM   #49
Burning Bright

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot View Post
In some cultures. Not in mine. I like the 3 steps thing but I could never get my wife to buy into it.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:27 PM   #50
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Bright View Post

in·ti·mate1 [in-tuh-mit]

10. inmost; deep within.

How do you feel about Sock Hops?