cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2008, 11:26 PM   #1
8ballrollin

8ballrollin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Clintons

Where is Bill? I haven't heard a peep from/about him since the race tighten up in the polls. I thought they'd be dragging him out at the first sign of trouble. Maybe he doesn't want to be found. Speaks volumes.
8ballrollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:33 PM   #2
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ballrollin View Post
Where is Bill? I haven't heard a peep from/about him since the race tighten up in the polls. I thought they'd be dragging him out at the first sign of trouble. Maybe he doesn't want to be found. Speaks volumes.
Not sure how helpful he is anymore.

He was caught arguing several times with media folks while on the trail for Hillary.

His wife ultimately lost.

And both he and his wife were fairly poor sports about the whole thing.

My guess is that Bill is getting the W-lite treatment right now....purposefully being excluded from many events, although not to the same extent as W. Bill was allowed to attend the convention in person.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:44 PM   #3
8ballrollin

8ballrollin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
My guess is that Bill is getting the W-lite treatment right now....purposefully being excluded from many events, although not to the same extent as W. Bill was allowed to attend the convention in person.
This exclusion is a mistake, politically. BC was more of centrist than Obama (i.e. 'the third way', or read his remarks at the opening of GB1's pres lib). There is a large swath of Middle America that voted for him twice. If the D's are having problems in the middle, and that looks to be the case, he should be out in front stumping.
8ballrollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:52 PM   #4
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Bill's hidden away somewhere. He and Obama do not get along at all.

Hillary is out on the trail, trying to salvage what's left of the Clintons' good name. She's supposed to be drumming up support for Obama, but she's in an awfully awkward position.

1. If she doesn't take Palin on and point out all the ways in which Palin (allegedly) doesn't represent women's interests, Hillary doesn't look like she's really "fully invested" (sorry) in the Obaman cause. And, worse, if Obama loses the election because of poor support among women, the Clintons will be regarded as having lost the Democrats the election by unnecessarily dragging out the primary and splintering the party. They really don't want to risk that accusation.

2. On the other hand, if she tackles Palin head on, she appears to be cannibalizing one of her own - a strong, successful female leader. There are women who believe that women have an inherent obligation to protect and support one another; and these women would be disappointed by Hillary attacking one of the sisterhood. Plus, suppose Hillary does speak up and demonizes all the ways in which Palin differs from Hillary's beliefs, emphasizing that Palin is pro-life, pro-lots-of-babies, evangelical, and ultra-social-conservative. In doing so Hillary risks alienating the moderate American women who identify with those values but may yet be leaning toward Obama.

Anyway, I can't remember what my point was but that's what's up with the Clintons last I heard.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 11:54 PM   #5
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
Bill's hidden away somewhere. He and Obama do not get along at all.

Hillary is out on the trail, trying to salvage what's left of the Clintons' good name. She's supposed to be drumming up support for Obama, but she's in an awfully awkward position.

1. If she doesn't take Palin on and point out all the ways in which Palin (allegedly) doesn't represent women's interests, Hillary doesn't look like she's really "fully invested" (sorry) in the Obaman cause. And, worse, if Obama loses the election because of poor support among women, the Clintons will be regarded as having lost the Democrats the election by unnecessarily dragging out the primary and splintering the party. They really don't want to risk that accusation.

2. On the other hand, if she tackles Palin head on, she appears to be cannibalizing one of her own - a strong, successful female leader. There are women who believe that women have an inherent obligation to protect and support one another; and these women would be disappointed by Hillary attacking one of the sisterhood. Plus, suppose Hillary does speak up and demonizes all the ways in which Palin differs from Hillary's beliefs, emphasizing that Palin is pro-life, pro-lots-of-babies, evangelical, and ultra-social-conservative. In doing so Hillary risks alienating the moderate American women who identify with those values but may yet be leaning toward Obama.

Anyway, I can't remember what my point was but that's what's up with the Clintons last I heard.
Doesn't he have an intern who needs instruction on the finer usages of cigars?