cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2008, 05:56 PM   #1
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American
Default On Obama

My secret suspicion is that if the stuff being thrown around regarding Obama happened to McCain, or even Hillary, it would not garner the attention which has suddenly converged upon Senator Obama.

And it's not because he's black. It's because he is unknown.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:39 PM   #2
ERCougar

ERCougar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-American View Post
My secret suspicion is that if the stuff being thrown around regarding Obama happened to McCain, or even Hillary, it would not garner the attention which has suddenly converged upon Senator Obama.

And it's not because he's black. It's because he is unknown.
Interesting thought. Not sure I agree, though.

I think there is some fear of the unknown going on. However, if McCain or Clinton regularly attended a church with a racist pastor, hiring him on an advisory counsel, I think it'd get some attention.

What's bugging me a little about this whole thing is Obama's attempts to just blow it off. He seems to make these begrudging concessions only when he feels enough political heat. I'm not sure how I would suggest he handle it better, but I think there are legitimate concerns here.
ERCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 08:58 PM   #3
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

If McCain had spent the last 20 years listening to a guy like Wright, he'd be crucified by the mainstream media as well as the leftist nuts that run a lot of the cable tv media.

Imagine what Olberman would be saying.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:25 PM   #4
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default Bush got attacked worse

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
If McCain had spent the last 20 years listening to a guy like Wright, he'd be crucified by the mainstream media as well as the leftist nuts that run a lot of the cable tv media.

Imagine what Olberman would be saying.
for merely giving a speech at the Jones University. And other Repubs have gotten attacked merely because a Falwell or Robertson endorse them. From what I recall, none of the repubs have actually attended any of there sermons, thousands of times, let alone once.

It part of the price we pay for a 'free press'. Free = bias and twist the facts to suit their political agendas.
exUte is offline   Reply With Quote