cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2008, 02:33 AM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default An aside on Clinton

Bill that is.

He appeared at Green Valley High School, and was questioned by my daughter's friend about how the Clinton's had maneuvered to make it difficult for Obama supporters with the Teachers' union to caucus. He queried former Nevada governor who reminded him what the question was about and became very aggressive toward this meek girl.

As an aside, at the caucuses today, the Democrats didn't id potential voters whereas the Republicans did. Many undocumented workers are reported to have participated.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:46 AM   #2
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

BC seems to be uncharacteristically breaking down more often than I remember when he was in office. last week he was on tape getting testy when he was asked a question about his wife's Iowa loss. I think Drudge also linked a video of him being short with someone, as well.

If Hillary loses, the Clinton brand takes a big hit. I think this has them both concerned. And the longer Obama hangs around, the more frustrated he will be.

The most interesting thing about this past month has been to see how easily the Clintons unravel when someone else becomes the media darling. They have not been second place in the media for over a decade and it is a new position to be in. All of a sudden, they are getting accused of making racist remarks, arguing with reporters, getting uppity with questions at town halls, etc.

I did find it interesting that he claimed to see firsthand "union intimidation" to prevent people from getting out to vote for Hillary.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:03 AM   #3
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
He appeared at Green Valley High School, and was questioned by my daughter's friend about how the Clinton's had maneuvered to make it difficult for Obama supporters with the Teachers' union to caucus. He queried former Nevada governor who reminded him what the question was about and became very aggressive toward this meek girl.
A teenage girl that asks a tough question to a former POTS seems anything but meek. As SU would say, she's got panache. Good for her!
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:06 AM   #4
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
A teenage girl that asks a tough question to a former POTS seems anything but meek. As SU would say, she's got panache. Good for her!
She's from a nice Jewish family who is quite well educated, but he become extremely upset and aggressive with her. And this towards a family that voted for him.
Old 01-20-2008, 04:24 AM   #5
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

There are no bigger political wusses than the Clintons.

Good for the high school girl in asking Dickhead a tough question and good even more for the former Governor for making Dickhead answer the question.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:56 AM   #6
Insensitive PAP

Insensitive PAP

That girl sounds like a good troll.
Insensitive PAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 05:00 AM   #7
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
She's from a nice Jewish family who is quite well educated, but he become extremely upset and aggressive with her. And this towards a family that voted for him.
That's just Bill Clinton. How dare anyone question him. He's a major league asshole.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:15 AM   #8
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
All of a sudden, they are getting accused of making racist remarks . . . .
If the Clintons can make this about race, Hillary wins the nomination. Already we are starting to see a polarization of Obama voters, backs going for him and whites for Clinton. The Clintons want to make Obama the "black" candidate and I think it may be working.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 07:22 PM   #9
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
BC seems to be uncharacteristically breaking down more often than I remember when he was in office. last week he was on tape getting testy when he was asked a question about his wife's Iowa loss. I think Drudge also linked a video of him being short with someone, as well.

If Hillary loses, the Clinton brand takes a big hit. I think this has them both concerned. And the longer Obama hangs around, the more frustrated he will be.

The most interesting thing about this past month has been to see how easily the Clintons unravel when someone else becomes the media darling. They have not been second place in the media for over a decade and it is a new position to be in. All of a sudden, they are getting accused of making racist remarks, arguing with reporters, getting uppity with questions at town halls, etc.

I did find it interesting that he claimed to see firsthand "union intimidation" to prevent people from getting out to vote for Hillary.
In a political race during which the media is not constantly kissing the Clintons' hiney brings out their true nature.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote