cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2008, 08:27 PM   #1
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Another reason to not vote for Obama...

He's a liar.

He said that he has wanted to change (there's that word again) the way we do political discourse, but he has been silent about one of his big supporter's, Rockefeller, attack on John McCain.

Sure, his people have said that he didn't agree with Rockefeller's comments about McCain's time as a fighter pilot, but Obama himself has said nothing. The least he could do is come out and say that Rockefeller is wrong.

Yep, he's for change alright. But his change is seeing himself in the White House rather than anyone else. He's nothing more than a typical politician.

What an ass.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:05 PM   #2
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
He's a liar.

He said that he has wanted to change (there's that word again) the way we do political discourse, but he has been silent about one of his big supporter's, Rockefeller, attack on John McCain.

Sure, his people have said that he didn't agree with Rockefeller's comments about McCain's time as a fighter pilot, but Obama himself has said nothing. The least he could do is come out and say that Rockefeller is wrong.

Yep, he's for change alright. But his change is seeing himself in the White House rather than anyone else. He's nothing more than a typical politician.

What an ass.
His campaign already criticized Rockefeller through the campaign spokesperson.

Obama spokesman Tommy Vietor said Obama disagrees with Rockefeller, saying:

"Senator Obama has a deep respect for Senator McCain's service to this country and doesn't agree with what Senator Rockefeller said."

Rockefeller was wrong to say what he said. At least he didn't call McCain's wife the c-word, though.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:07 PM   #3
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
His campaign already criticized Rockefeller through the campaign spokesperson.

Obama spokesman Tommy Vietor said Obama disagrees with Rockefeller, saying:

"Senator Obama has a deep respect for Senator McCain's service to this country and doesn't agree with what Senator Rockefeller said."
Yes, I pointed out that his people have said that he has said something. But why can't he come out and say it himself?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:08 PM   #4
Cali Coug

Quote:
Yes, I pointed out that his people have said that he has said something. But why can't he come out and say it himself?
Do you not believe he asked his campaign spokesperson to say what he said? Why is this such a big deal to you?
Old 04-11-2008, 09:29 PM   #5
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Do you not believe he asked his campaign spokesperson to say what he said? Why is this such a big deal to you?
Why?

Because Obama claims he is for change.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:38 PM   #6
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

I think this issue falls in the same category of seriousness as when Lingo and the Catholic Home Journal scooped the world with the "children are a punishment" story.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:20 PM   #7
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I think this issue falls in the same category of seriousness as when Lingo and the Catholic Home Journal scooped the world with the "children are a punishment" story.
I just think it is disingenuous of Obama to say that he's for change, but his actions and the actions of those who work for him prove that he is no different than any other politician.

Obama should have had the guts to stand in front of the tv cameras and said something like "Rockefeller has his head up his ass" rather than tell a spokesman to tell us that he disagrees. I'd at least respect that.

He wants to be the POTUS and needs to be scrutinized as any other candidate is. But because he is an almost cult-like figure he seems to get far too many free passes.

Would you rather I had brought up his relationship to the terrorist Bill Ayers?

Old 04-11-2008, 10:36 PM   #8
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
I just think it is disingenuous of Obama to say that he's for change, but his actions and the actions of those who work for him prove that he is no different than any other politician.

Obama should have had the guts to stand in front of the tv cameras and said something like "Rockefeller has his head up his ass" rather than tell a spokesman to tell us that he disagrees. I'd at least respect that.

He wants to be the POTUS and needs to be scrutinized as any other candidate is. But because he is an almost cult-like figure he seems to get far too many free passes.

You are barking up the wrong tree. I do not engage in political hero worship.

I have already stated that they are all little more than symbolic leaders. They do nothing on their own, but rather rely on everyone else's opinions, experience, knowledge, and acumen to formulate policies and come to conclusions. By themselves, they are ill-suited to fulfill any of the requirements of POTUS, other than to be a figurehead, give speeches, wave to the crowd, etc.

You know why candidates from both parties distance themselves from controversy. Nobody wants to associate themselves directly with controversy.

His platform of "change" was never intended to indicate that he is going to change how every single thing is done. Some things will change. Some things will stay the same. Some will get worse, some will get better.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:00 PM   #9
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
You are barking up the wrong tree. I do not engage in political hero worship.

I have already stated that they are all little more than symbolic leaders. They do nothing on their own, but rather rely on everyone else's opinions, experience, knowledge, and acumen to formulate policies and come to conclusions. By themselves, they are ill-suited to fulfill any of the requirements of POTUS, other than to be a figurehead, give speeches, wave to the crowd, etc.

You know why candidates from both parties distance themselves from controversy. Nobody wants to associate themselves directly with controversy.

His platform of "change" was never intended to indicate that he is going to change how every single thing is done. Some things will change. Some things will stay the same. Some will get worse, some will get better.
Like you, I don't engage in political hero worship, which is exactly why I think Obama, Clinton and McCain need to be taken to task for everything that either they or their supporters say. Scrutiny should be a part of wanting to be in public office.

Old 04-12-2008, 12:26 AM   #10
Cali Coug

Quote:

So to be for "change" Obama must personally denounce every single stupid thing said by every single supporter?