cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2006, 05:25 PM   #11
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I could care less about either team also

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpiney
Too bad the officials from the Penn State - FSU game couldn't have done the Rose Bowl instead. I thought they called a good game.
Unfortunately, the officiating was the ONLY thing that was good about that game, other than the drama of two mediocre teams slugging it out.

Decent defensive play, terrible offensive execution, unimaginitive offensive play calling. Did I mention kicking could have been better?

Like others have said, that game was the announcers trying to convince their audience that just because it was a 3OT BCS game, it was automatically an epic game for the ages.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 09:46 PM   #12
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I thought Leinart looked stellar

The guy has an NFL arm and will have a long succesful career in the pros. He was unbelievable in the second half. I think Vince Young will be a good pro but more in the mold of Rodney Peete.
cougjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 04:44 AM   #13
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall
Default Re: Lee Corso is all over V Young's jock....

First off, lets clear up something; Texas was the better team that night. They scored the most points. What else is there? It is irrelevant who would win 8 out of 10 even if we could somehow know that.

The Vince Young lateral should have definitely been disallowed because vy knee was definitely down. The replay booth officials in this game absolutely sucked. They were downright incompetent. They could have called for a review instantly(on a play that plainly looked, at the very least, somewhat unusual. That, however, is the officials fault, not Texas'. Texas kicked the extra point before the booth could change their mind. What would USC have done in the same circumstance? Besides, even if it were called correctly or overturned, Texas still would have had a first down at the USC 10.

I was a little undecided about how Leinart classy was when he made the comment, "I think that we were the better team anyways." This, to me, sounded way too stupid to be coming out of Leinhart's mouth. The better team is the one with the most points on the board when the game clock reads 00:00. Leinhart did win me over somewhat when I learned that he & Bush visited the Texas locker room after the game. That was a nice thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAX77
Also, I hate texas, so this may be biased,...
Now that's something that we can both agree on. :P
realtall is offline   Reply With Quote