cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 07:15 PM   #1
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road
Default You may hate me, but

it ain't no lie...baby, bye bye bye (week).

Okay, so I'm depressed. Stuck with a bye week. Resigned to the reality that one of my two least favorite teams will win in Eugene (and subsequently move up in the BCS). Plus there's poor Nebraska no doubt getting the hell beat out of it for the third week in a row. But there is hope...perhaps Penn State can knock some sense into the Buckeyes.

Picking Kansas over A&M in spite of the fact that it's nearly impossible to win at College Station and Kansas's weaknesses hurt them against the Aggies. But I like Mangino (and there's certainly a lot to like, if you know what I mean).

Picked Oregon over USC (due to Autzen, mostly), Florida over Georgia, Ohio State over Penn State (though hoping for the upset), and can't decide on Arizona State v. Cal.

In other news, kid #1 went to his very first fun-run today and finished the mile in 11:30. Which is not so bad considering he's only 8, he's related to me, and he was hampered by an Optimus Prime costume. Mom accompanied dressed as Darth Vader.

Anyhow, thought I'd better stop by the Guard lest I offend Y again with my extended absence.

I've heard y'all ended up with a bye this week as well, so I trust you'll all join me later today in rooting for the Nittany Lions.

Thanks much.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 08:27 PM   #2
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Hey Babs.

So lets hear it. Who is your other least favorite team?
Old 10-27-2007, 09:33 PM   #3
BarbaraGordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Hey Babs.

So lets hear it. Who is your other least favorite team?
My two least favorite teams are Oregon and USC, so it seems one of them will have to win today in Eugene. These two are followed closely in dislikeability-factor by Boise State (what, me hold a grudge??).

Regarding your burnt-orange alma, I generally prefer that they win to keep the Big 12 South strong. My mother apparently does not agree...she's currently almost cackling with glee.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:36 PM   #4
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

And you rank ND where? Buckeyes where?
Old 10-27-2007, 11:31 PM   #5
Solon

Solon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Hey BG! I hope Penn State brings its A-Game, but they're going to struggle against OSU's defense. This game might end 0-0.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:44 PM   #6
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
it ain't no lie...baby, bye bye bye (week).

Okay, so I'm depressed. Stuck with a bye week. Resigned to the reality that one of my two least favorite teams will win in Eugene (and subsequently move up in the BCS). Plus there's poor Nebraska no doubt getting the hell beat out of it for the third week in a row. But there is hope...perhaps Penn State can knock some sense into the Buckeyes.

Picking Kansas over A&M in spite of the fact that it's nearly impossible to win at College Station and Kansas's weaknesses hurt them against the Aggies. But I like Mangino (and there's certainly a lot to like, if you know what I mean).

Picked Oregon over USC (due to Autzen, mostly), Florida over Georgia, Ohio State over Penn State (though hoping for the upset), and can't decide on Arizona State v. Cal.

In other news, kid #1 went to his very first fun-run today and finished the mile in 11:30. Which is not so bad considering he's only 8, he's related to me, and he was hampered by an Optimus Prime costume. Mom accompanied dressed as Darth Vader.

Anyhow, thought I'd better stop by the Guard lest I offend Y again with my extended absence.

I've heard y'all ended up with a bye this week as well, so I trust you'll all join me later today in rooting for the Nittany Lions.

Thanks much.
Welcome to Cougarguard Barbara Gordon! New poster?
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 11:46 PM   #7
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Good to see you Barbara. You need to stop by a bit more often to at least say hi.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 12:56 AM   #8
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Good to see you Barbara. You need to stop by a bit more often to at least say hi.
Agreed. We miss you Babs!
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 04:37 AM   #9
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Bunch of losers.

A girl shows up and you all run to her like an armadillo to an oncoming car.

Oh, hey BatGirl.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 04:05 PM   #10
BarbaraGordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Notre Dame is certainly #1 in long-term general ill-will. But in terms of short-term very specific grudge holding, I've gotta go with UO and USC. I have nothing against "THE" Ohio State University, except for its fans, with their absurd insistence that they have something like 14 national titles and that the Big Ten really is that good. No, really. It is.
Nice win by your jayhawks, btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solon View Post
Hey BG! I hope Penn State brings its A-Game, but they're going to struggle against OSU's defense. This game might end 0-0.
Ah, well, it was worth a try, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
Welcome to Cougarguard Barbara Gordon! New poster?
Why, yes! Over at Cougarboard High I heard this is where all the cool kids hang out, so I thought I'd head over for a peek. Nice to meet you.

Speaking of new posters. When I logged in the other day there were 22 people logged in and I only knew 12 of the names. What is going on??? Jefe getting suspension-happy again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
Agreed. We miss you Babs!
I miss you guys terribly. But I have to admit, it's made a HUGE difference for my son to see that at least one parent is not permanently attached to a computer. (Though with any luck we'll get him typing well enough that he'll be attached to a computer soon, too. Mwahahaha!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
Bunch of losers.
A girl shows up and you all run to her like an armadillo to an oncoming car.
Oh, hey BatGirl.
Actually, it's an oncoming schooner.
And hey, Noah, quite brave of you to post an actual picture of yourself as your avatar. I like it!