cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Introductions

Old 12-19-2005, 07:35 AM   #1
Hazzard

Hazzard
Default Hazzard

I figure the best way to introduce myself is to explain how I view some of our common "friends" ...

I share a good portion of Outlier's contrarian leanings. JohnnyLingo's picture of Natalie Portman (is it still up?) is my favorite picture on CB. DixieCougar is the only poster who consistently frustrates me. I think I've only ignored one poster, and I believe it was some lame Ute who only posted for a day or two before scampering back into his cave. MikeWaters appears to have two completely different personalities, and I like the Cougarguard one best. (Thanks for providing this forum.) Archaea is solid. Fusnik usually doesn't annoy me; and when he does, it is far outweighed by the curiosity and energy he provides. And Brian has been cracking me up lately.

From what I have read here, the conversation is much more reasoned and cordial and respectable. That is what I enjoy most about this site. I hope we can discuss and argue about ideas without attacking each other. Sometimes I have questions that may seem a little out there, but they are honest (and usually not intended to inflame) and I appreciate respectful answers even if you think I'm nuts. Then again, an occasional written smackdown never hurt anyone right?!
Hazzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 03:42 PM   #2
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

ive found this is an excellent place to get reasoned responses to even the most obscure of questions.
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 05:29 PM   #3
outlier

outlier is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hazzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzard
I share a good portion of Outlier's contrarian leanings.
Eerily enough, back in the BBS days of the late-80's, I used the handle "Hazzard" (so-spelled) on quite a few boards. 'Course I also used to sign off on posts by making z's out of greater-than and less-than signs, so I suppose that torpedoes most of my credibility.

ou+1:3r, who was once

Ha>>
<<ard

I dunno -- depending on how they line up it *sort of* looks cool.

The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.
- W. Churchill
outlier is offline   Reply With Quote