cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Introductions

Old 05-10-2007, 01:02 AM   #11
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBritches View Post
I have been known to play for nickels and dimes, but mostly I don't because of the admonition from the prophets warning that poker addicts and enchains. I would say I am about even.

I realized a bit late that this was also a big sports board. I didn't go to college yet, so I have no reason to be a big fan of BYU or Utah, but I would probably pick BYU, since I subsidize that school with my tithing.
Well if you don't bet on sports, we probably won't like you.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:12 AM   #12
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimal View Post
The way your team got whooped on by Boise in the bowl I wouldn't have much interest anymore either.
ouch!
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:50 AM   #13
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hi,

My name is DarkBritches. The name is an acronym for "Doing Business." It should be DBA, or 'doing business as.' In other words I am doing business as DarkBritches, but that is not my real name. My actual name is a secret, and I don't trust the internet with my real name, so just call me DarkBritches.

I don't trust the internet much ever since it infected my computer and I had to buy a new one. Geeksquad was going to charge me the same price to get a new one, so I got a new one instead, and used the old monitor (LCD 24").

No, I never served a mission. At least not formally. I feel that it is my mission to bear testimony of Christ whenever I get the chance. And yes, I am a LDS. I won't go into my conversion story, because it is too personal. But I have been a LDS for quite a while. I am single, but available, but I don't go on too many official dates. I get tired of asking. She can come looking for me for a while. I'll just hang low and give her the chance.

I'm older than you think. In my mid thirties to late thirties. You guess. Mid or late? Mid. But the late thirties are coming, and that has been the source of some concern, since I worry a lot that I am not doing too much with my life. The problem is I just can't get that interested in anything to want to do it for a long time and make some real money. But I have enough to get by, and I substitute teach. Math is my favorite subject. On days when I am not subbing, I study math and the internet. And I like to read. Heard for Franz Kafka? Jean Paul-Sartre? I am a big fan of the existentialists. It seems like they got it about right.

I am about 6'foot, medium build, 170ish pounds. I think I am pretty good looking. My favorite subjects are math and literature. My favorite food is Mexican. My favorite music is Arcade Fire and U2 and some Hip Hop. I have my own apartment.

I haven't been to the temple yet. Have some business to take care of for that, but I hope to go some day and get married there.

I like the board here, and hope to meet some nice people here.
Thanks and welcome!
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:53 PM   #14
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hi,

My name is DarkBritches. The name is an acronym for "Doing Business." It should be DBA, or 'doing business as.' In other words I am doing business as DarkBritches, but that is not my real name. My actual name is a secret, and I don't trust the internet with my real name, so just call me DarkBritches.

I don't trust the internet much ever since it infected my computer and I had to buy a new one. Geeksquad was going to charge me the same price to get a new one, so I got a new one instead, and used the old monitor (LCD 24").

No, I never served a mission. At least not formally. I feel that it is my mission to bear testimony of Christ whenever I get the chance. And yes, I am a LDS. I won't go into my conversion story, because it is too personal. But I have been a LDS for quite a while. I am single, but available, but I don't go on too many official dates. I get tired of asking. She can come looking for me for a while. I'll just hang low and give her the chance.

I'm older than you think. In my mid thirties to late thirties. You guess. Mid or late? Mid. But the late thirties are coming, and that has been the source of some concern, since I worry a lot that I am not doing too much with my life. The problem is I just can't get that interested in anything to want to do it for a long time and make some real money. But I have enough to get by, and I substitute teach. Math is my favorite subject. On days when I am not subbing, I study math and the internet. And I like to read. Heard for Franz Kafka? Jean Paul-Sartre? I am a big fan of the existentialists. It seems like they got it about right.

I am about 6'foot, medium build, 170ish pounds. I think I am pretty good looking. My favorite subjects are math and literature. My favorite food is Mexican. My favorite music is Arcade Fire and U2 and some Hip Hop. I have my own apartment.

I haven't been to the temple yet. Have some business to take care of for that, but I hope to go some day and get married there.

I like the board here, and hope to meet some nice people here.
After reading a few of your posts I have begun to wonder whether you might be learning disabled or mildly retarded. Have I guessed right? I have a sister in law you remind me an awful lot of.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:01 PM   #15
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
She can come looking for me for a while. I'll just hang low and give her the chance.
I am stunned. All this time I thought you were a woman.

Well, I suppose you still could be. Could you clarify that for us?
Old 05-10-2007, 03:07 PM   #16
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
After reading a few of your posts I have begun to wonder whether you might be learning disabled or mildly retarded. Have I guessed right? I have a sister in law you remind me an awful lot of.
That's harsh, UD.

Don't listen to him DB. CG should be a place that welcomes odd ducks. We are all here, after all. We welcome everyone here, no matter one's background, beliefs, or team preference (we even let Ute Fans hang out).

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 03:13 PM   #17
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

DB sounds feminine but it's hard to tell. DB dislikes sports and doesn't care about BYU, that sounds like a gal or gay guy. Now as Noah points out, we're more tolerant than most, but we're curious are you disabled, a gal or a gay guy?
Old 05-10-2007, 06:54 PM   #18
Gerdy Eysser

Gerdy Eysser is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I am not gay. I am a man. And I am no more disabled than most of you are, in your unique way.
I'm sorry, but I just don't believe that. It's obvious that there is some sort of disibility at play here.
________
Club Royal Condo

Last edited by Gerdy Eysser; 08-21-2011 at 11:36 AM.
Gerdy Eysser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:59 PM   #19
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerdy Eysser View Post
I'm sorry, but I just don't believe that. It's obvious that there is some sort of disibility at play here.
Gerdy!! We've missed you! Storm season keeping you busy, eh?
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:14 PM   #20
Gerdy Eysser

Gerdy Eysser is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
Gerdy!! We've missed you! Storm season keeping you busy, eh?
yeah, although I don't appreciate your suggestion to go storm chasing, I damn near got myself killed by a tornado last week.
________
KutieDoll

Last edited by Gerdy Eysser; 08-21-2011 at 11:36 AM.
Gerdy Eysser is offline   Reply With Quote