cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Introductions

Old 07-07-2006, 04:36 AM   #1
BigFatMeanie

BigFatMeanie is on a distinguished road
Default BigFatMeanie

I just learned how to start a new thread so I'll repost this...

I guess I'll introduce myself since I'm new:

- 5 kids, oldest is 10, youngest is 2. We're out of the baby business now.
- Manage a team of software developers in Salt Lake City. If you're looking for an entry level programming position then I'm always hiring.
- Football and basketball season ticket holder. Gold Cougar Club membership so I get decent seats.
BigFatMeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:41 AM   #2
danimal

danimal is an unknown quantity at this point

5 kids in 8 years? Wow. I'm tired just thinking about it. I bet they're fun though.
Tobias: You know, Lindsay, as a therapist, I have advised a number of couples to explore an open relationship where the couple remains emotionally committed, but free to explore extra-marital encounters.

Lindsay: Well, did it work for those people?

Tobias: No, it never does. I mean, these people somehow delude themselves into thinking it might, but...but it might work for us.
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:58 AM   #3
BigFatMeanie

They're more fun now that the oldest two can watch the younger three. That means Mrs. Meanie and I can get away for a while,

By the way, you wouldn't happen to be the same Danimal that posts on the Raging Bull message board about International Automated Systems would you?
Old 07-07-2006, 05:14 AM   #4
danimal

danimal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie
They're more fun now that the oldest two can watch the younger three. That means Mrs. Meanie and I can get away for a while,

By the way, you wouldn't happen to be the same Danimal that posts on the Raging Bull message board about International Automated Systems would you?
Yeah, free babysitting would be nice. My parents made my 12-year old sister (at the time) watch 4 younger kids (I was about 1 year old) for a week while they went on some nice vacation. Pack your bags BFM!

Sorry, not the same danimal. In fact, I don't even know what an International Automated System is.
Tobias: You know, Lindsay, as a therapist, I have advised a number of couples to explore an open relationship where the couple remains emotionally committed, but free to explore extra-marital encounters.

Lindsay: Well, did it work for those people?

Tobias: No, it never does. I mean, these people somehow delude themselves into thinking it might, but...but it might work for us.
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 06:46 PM   #5
Sleeping in EQ

Sleeping in EQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome BFM. How's the traffic in South Jordan these days? I remember when people moved out there to get away from the traffic...
"Do not despise the words of prophets, but test everything; hold fast to what is good; " 1 Thess. 5:21 (NRSV)

We all trust our own unorthodoxies.
Sleeping in EQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 08:53 PM   #6
BigFatMeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping in EQ
Welcome BFM. How's the traffic in South Jordan these days? I remember when people moved out there to get away from the traffic...
When going north or south it's not too bad as there are several options: Redwood Road, Bangerter (my usual choice as I live on 32nd west), and I-15

Going east and west stinks. There is no good way to get across the valley from an east/west standpoint. It's only going to get worse as developments like Daybreak fill in.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:44 AM   #7
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

I have 2 kids in 8 years and I am ready to have a nervous breakdown. People like you bigfatmeanie are saints and deserve medals. Kids have been the greatest things in the world for my wife and I...but man, 2 have been more than a handful.

I have friends that live in South Jordan and Daybreak and they agree...getting to the East bench is like an all day affair. Hopefully they will make something that will work for you all out there.

Welcome to the board.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 02:59 AM   #8
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

You have a great avatar.
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 04:41 AM   #9
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Stick It In Him--If you are talking to me, all I have to say is--that picture represents one of the greatest moments of modern dance that this world has ever seen...thanks to the genius that is Ricky Gervais.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:42 PM   #10
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar
Stick It In Him--If you are talking to me, all I have to say is--that picture represents one of the greatest moments of modern dance that this world has ever seen...thanks to the genius that is Ricky Gervais.
I was actually talking to BFM, but your avatar is great as well. I pee my pants a little bit everytime I watch that clip.
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote