cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Introductions

Old 04-03-2009, 02:14 PM   #11
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by danimal View Post
Wuapinmon gave us helpful information about where to stay in New Orleans that would keep us from getting murdered. And full of beignets. And Marsupial got kissed by some Irish dude. Two out of three is not bad.
You didn't like the beignets? I spent New Years in Nola and couldn't get enough of them. I saw a mix at the World Market but have no confidence in my ability to replicate them.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:05 PM   #12
marsupial

marsupial is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
You didn't like the beignets? I spent New Years in Nola and couldn't get enough of them. I saw a mix at the World Market but have no confidence in my ability to replicate them.
I think you misunderstood. We LOVE the beignets! And we loved New Orleans. We plan on going back soon. Thanks for the help Wuap.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:09 PM   #13
FarrahWaters

FarrahWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
We just made beignets (from scratch) at our playgroup this morning (in honor of NOLA, since we did this art project fundred.org). I'd been craving them since hearing about the danisupial's trip.
FarrahWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 04:01 AM   #14
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
Hello,

I'm 35, Southern, convert at 17, mission to Costa Rica, married, 3 kids, PhD in Latin-American Lit, teach Spanish at Coker College in South Carolina.

I am a CUF member, but I was never here before the schism, and I barely posted on CB as "timsfriendmac."

I enjoy CUF quite a bit, and, as an outsider, I've noticed that many of them talk fondly, but conflictedly, about MikeWaters and his intellect and personality.

Since I had no dog in the fight/rift that occurred, I have been reading some of the postings on this forum, and think that the Cuffies are right......there's some serious intellectual power here.

I don't begin to know what happened between everyone....all I know is that I had a dream tonight that I should come here and post a message like this and see if there's some way that people can reconcile. I know in my own life that sometimes I've had to take the first step towards reconciliation, even though I felt I was right and justified and that the others had wronged me.

I hope this message is well-received....I don't know anyone here at all, nor do I really know anyone at CUF....I just felt impressed (by what, I can't say) to come here and say this.

I will post from time to time, and I look forward to contributing to your conversations.
Welcome aboard the SS Cougarguard. Missed this the first time a year ago. Hopefully, you too can become an efficient manager like lanejared.

Last edited by Cali Coug; 02-06-2010 at 04:03 AM.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 04:24 AM   #15
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I think I shut this post out of my memory the first time I read it.

What is up with all these nincompoops on CUF, who were never on CG, coming over to me, trying to get me to "reconcile?"

It is extremely annoying. And offensive. And grandiose. And delusional.

I started a new board because I was tired of cougarboard. People hung out here, and then started a new board because they were tired of what was going on here. I stayed. End of story. I'm staying in the house that I built. I'm not a nursing home kind of guy. Not interested in the nursing home. Never will be.

"But you'll make so many friends." "They have activities." "It's much better than you imagine. You won't have to do any yard work, or keep up with the house."

Screw that.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 04:37 PM   #16
RedHeadGal

RedHeadGal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post

What is up with all these nincompoops on CUF, who were never on CG, coming over to me, trying to get me to "reconcile?"

I started a new board because I was tired of cougarboard. People hung out here, and then started a new board because they were tired of what was going on here. I stayed. End of story. I'm staying in the house that I built. I'm not a nursing home kind of guy. Not interested in the nursing home. Never will be.

"But you'll make so many friends." "They have activities." "It's much better than you imagine. You won't have to do any yard work, or keep up with the house."

Screw that.
Is it just me or are you overflowing with a little extra bile these days?
RedHeadGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:01 PM   #17
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Old 02-08-2010, 04:13 AM   #18
wuapinmon

wuapinmon is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Screw that.
Screw that, indeed; I was trying to be magnanimous. People speak very highly of you and the unfortunate circumstances of their departure. Being innocent of what happened, I thought I should come see what you were about. I was naive and thought that you'd be civil instead of misanthropic. If this still pisses you off after a year...maybe it's the latter, and your detractors were not off base.
wuapinmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:39 AM   #19
wuapinmon

wuapinmon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Okay, tough guy, either shoot me or get used to having a neighbor who doesn't cut Kowalski's lawn and tries to get you to be nice.
wuapinmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:23 PM   #20
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
Screw that, indeed; I was trying to be magnanimous. People speak very highly of you and the unfortunate circumstances of their departure. Being innocent of what happened, I thought I should come see what you were about. I was naive and thought that you'd be civil instead of misanthropic. If this still pisses you off after a year...maybe it's the latter, and your detractors were not off base.
"your detractors." Funny.

What pisses me off is people coming over here telling me how to act and feel. What pisses me off is when my personal information is shared with people on that other site. What pisses me off is when people who were never here on this site, reveal that they know personal information about me, and come over here and tell me what a dumbass I am for staying here and not going over there.

I really don't enjoy the drama. That's the best thing about what happened. I don't have to listen to complaints and whining. I'm not in charge of the dumb little children anymore. Thank goodness. My current companions are highly preferable. A few holdovers. A few spammers from China and India. And a handful of search engine bots.

If Lebowski et al. came to me and apologized, and told me it was a horrible mistake, and that they were shutting down CUF, and they were coming back here......as unlikely and preposterous as that scenario might be.....it would not bring me any satisfaction, and I would be opposed. If Lebowski et al. offered to turn over complete ownership and control of CUF, I would decline.

Let's not pretend that when all of this happened, that things could ever be the same afterward. I was the primary casualty. They knew that.

I think at some level they sensed that I had begun to despise many of the people in CG, and I didn't agree with what CG had become. I had let it organically grow as the community dictated, and suddenly I am spending my time managing and owning something I don't enjoy. I don't know that that is the absolutely correct characterization of my feelings, but it is at least partially true.

I spent a lot of time and effort starting and running Cougarguard. I feel like I am owed something in return: the right to be left alone and not questioned and bothered about my choices.

Some of the very few who have stayed on here, have told me they have done so based on their values and their own personal code of conduct. I really do appreciate and respect that. Thank you. It lets me know that my own sense of loyalty and honor is not complete off-base. It has been a gift to me. If that is the only thing holding you back from moving on, however, you are free to go if you wish without any hard feelings.

I never asked a single person to stay. Not one.

I don't actually enjoy discussing this. I would prefer not to. I do so to lessen the confusion of others, and to let them definitively know that I will never be going to the other site. Never. Please do not ask anymore, and please discourage others from asking. And I would appreciate it if you all would move on and not discuss me on your site any further. The revolution is over. My suggestion is to stop looking backward, because nothing can undo it, and you would be better served by focusing on the future of your own community.