cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Introductions

Old 01-08-2008, 06:23 PM   #1
Homo Erectus

Homo Erectus is on a distinguished road
Default Unfrozen Caveman

Well, since I'm starting at ground zero and there is a page set aside for introductions, allow me a few seconds to introduce myself to the old guard here.

I'm a financial consultant currently living in Sandy, Ut. Three kids. Cheered for the Cougs, Jazz, Yanks, and Cowboys since reaching the age of accountability. Am often completely embarrassed to be lumped in the same group with myopic, short-sighted, sheltered, Coug fans, Jazz fans, and Mormons, despite the fact that I am all three of the above. Used to post occasionally on Cougarboard, until being completely overwhelmed and defeated by the myopia there. Was introduced to CG six months or so back by Scottie, who is a close friend of mine, as is Jim Swarthout. Absolutely refreshed by the candor and maturity here at CG, particularly with respect to religious and political issues, as I find myself currently trying to re-define my own evolving political and religious positions.

I'm looking to this forum for some much-needed enlightenment, but also expecting to call B.S. and bust some heads when necessary. And the cheerleader avatars always keep me coming back, even when the discussion is lame.

Big thanks to everyone for contributing to this great message board. Hopefully I can contribute something myself. I look forward to hashing out the issues with you all.

-- H.E.
Homo Erectus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 06:50 PM   #2
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome. Your support for the Yankees will not be well received, but we do have some baseball experts in MPFunk, Il Padrino Ute, and cougjunkie.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:59 PM   #3
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Welcome!
Old 01-08-2008, 08:00 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome. I am part of the faction that will not be dancing in the streets if you lose your testimony. We are small and outnumbered.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:06 PM   #5
Mormon Red Death

Mormon Red Death is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
Welcome. Your support for the Yankees will not be well received, but we do have some baseball experts in MPFunk, Il Padrino Ute, and cougjunkie.
Just because MP Funk read "Moneyball" does not mean he is an expert
Old 01-08-2008, 08:30 PM   #6
smokymountainrain

smokymountainrain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homo Erectus View Post
Absolutely refreshed by the candor and maturity here at CG, particularly with respect to religious and political issues, as I find myself currently trying to re-define my own evolving political and religious positions.
Maturity at CG?

Where can one find this "CG" of which you speak?
smokymountainrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:37 PM   #7
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homo Erectus View Post
Well, since I'm starting at ground zero and there is a page set aside for introductions, allow me a few seconds to introduce myself to the old guard here.

I'm a financial consultant currently living in Sandy, Ut. Three kids. Cheered for the Cougs, Jazz, Yanks, and Cowboys since reaching the age of accountability. Am often completely embarrassed to be lumped in the same group with myopic, short-sighted, sheltered, Coug fans, Jazz fans, and Mormons, despite the fact that I am all three of the above. Used to post occasionally on Cougarboard, until being completely overwhelmed and defeated by the myopia there. Was introduced to CG six months or so back by Scottie, who is a close friend of mine, as is Jim Swarthout. Absolutely refreshed by the candor and maturity here at CG, particularly with respect to religious and political issues, as I find myself currently trying to re-define my own evolving political and religious positions.

I'm looking to this forum for some much-needed enlightenment, but also expecting to call B.S. and bust some heads when necessary. And the cheerleader avatars always keep me coming back, even when the discussion is lame.

Big thanks to everyone for contributing to this great message board. Hopefully I can contribute something myself. I look forward to hashing out the issues with you all.

-- H.E.

Welcome, and that crack about expecting to get needed enlightenment here was pretty funny. That was a joke, right?
Old 01-08-2008, 09:38 PM   #8
Jim Swarthout

Jim Swarthout is on a distinguished road

Welcome H.E. -- I am so much grateful that you have finally seen fit to join CG. Cheerleader avatars are one of the many things that make this place so "charming."
Old 01-08-2008, 09:56 PM   #9
Homo Erectus

Homo Erectus is on a distinguished road

Cheerleaders and pre-school kids making funny faces. Mmmmm.
Homo Erectus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:27 PM   #10
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Maturity is relative. We've had discussions about using public bathrooms and a thread that mixed cartoons and breast implants.

Props for living in my hometown. Despite being poorly planned, it was a great place to grow up. Your kids will thank you.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote