cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Introductions

Old 12-20-2007, 06:19 PM   #21
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-dog View Post
There is a lot of hating of all things hip on this board. Be careful.
That's why UteStar and myboynoah hold such animosity toward me.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 06:28 PM   #22
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHeadGal View Post
I like food. Like to eat it, make it, read about it, think about it. . . I've been known to pay out hundreds on a single meal, but I can still appreciate the true goodness that is the Big Mac.
Hmm....interesting.......where have you enjoyed your finest meal--the hundreds meal? from one epicurean to another, I am always looking for the next fix....

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 06:58 PM   #23
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
That's why UteStar and myboynoah hold such animosity toward me.
Three words:

Facts of Life

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:06 PM   #24
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial View Post
It's not my favorite place either. I go because I know I should, but it's never been something I look forward to. It's nice to hear someone else be so honest about it.
It may get better. In twenty years the ceremony will be shortened, g's will be no more and non-members and non temple worthy members will be allowed to attend weddings.
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 04:04 AM   #25
FarrahWaters

FarrahWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome. We've never met, but I've heard a lot about you.

We do talk food here sometimes. If I recall, there are some other Top Chef fans on the board. And one of my first memories of this board is hearing Seattle Ute rave about tuna tartare
FarrahWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 03:39 PM   #26
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarrahWaters View Post

We do talk food here sometimes. If I recall, there are some other Top Chef fans on the board. And one of my first memories of this board is hearing Seattle Ute rave about tuna tartare
I'm a Top Chef fan, though lately I'm hooked on Kitchen Nightmares. The BBC version primarily. The US version is just okay.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:29 PM   #27
RedHeadGal

RedHeadGal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Hmm....interesting.......where have you enjoyed your finest meal--the hundreds meal? from one epicurean to another, I am always looking for the next fix....
umm. . .should I be embarrassed to say there have been several? I live in the DC area, so favorite fine dining around here is Inn at Little Washington, which is wonderful, experiential place. But another favorite meal of all time was with friends at Charlie Trotter's in Chicago. I wouldn't say that food was my #1 favorite of all time (though wonderful), but the whole evening with the friends made it the exquisite memory that it is. Best piece of tuna in recent memory was on Maui, and I can't even remember the name of the restaurant. Lahaina, I think. It's almost lunchtime. My mouth is watering.

And I do talk about things other than food.
RedHeadGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 05:32 PM   #28
RedHeadGal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarrahWaters View Post
Ah, we meet at last? We almost got to meet last summer but for some bike-a-thon or something. And you were nearly hear last summer, I heard. . . someday. I still dream of those TX real estate prices.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:50 PM   #29
RedHeadGal

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
Did it disturb you then, that Chris drooled all over himself over Romney's religion speech? I suppose even Chris has his moments, he did vote for Bush the first time around.

Oh, by the way, welcome.
Well, although I dearly love Chris, I do not always agree with him. Chris's vote for W in 2000 was harmless, as he lives in deeply blue Maryland. So I almost forgive him that, too. But he was actually the only person I can think of asking hard questions about going into Iraq back in 2002-2003. And the fact that he liked Romney's speech shows he's fair, I think, since he generally is quite hard on the Mittster, I think.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:52 PM   #30
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHeadGal View Post
umm. . .should I be embarrassed to say there have been several? I live in the DC area, so favorite fine dining around here is Inn at Little Washington, which is wonderful, experiential place. But another favorite meal of all time was with friends at Charlie Trotter's in Chicago. I wouldn't say that food was my #1 favorite of all time (though wonderful), but the whole evening with the friends made it the exquisite memory that it is. Best piece of tuna in recent memory was on Maui, and I can't even remember the name of the restaurant. Lahaina, I think. It's almost lunchtime. My mouth is watering.

And I do talk about things other than food.
Charlie Trotter's....that would do it. The pre fixe taster there costs about $130-150.

Interesting choices.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote