cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Introductions

Old 10-17-2007, 11:46 PM   #1
Rogan

Rogan is on a distinguished road
Default Hello World!

Hello!

It has been a while since I received 'The full Finderson,' and as some of you know, I have been one of CG's most active lurkers. Why? As for the deep psychological reasons, your guess is as good as mine. But I can definitely tell you the most basic and simple reason - I have, and continue to find CG to be one of the more interesting and entertaining corners of the vast internets. CG was way more fun (for me) when I was able to post, back in the day. It would be nice to be able to post again.

I come in peace! I won't talk about Mike's and my history (enough time has passed since we have spoken that I no longer presume to even know who Mike is, or how he thinks, or what even matters to him any more... heaven knows his priorities have seemed to evolve since we were on speaking terms). My intentions have nothing to do with any private experiments. I don't want to undermine the community here. I don't care about any private board organizations or secret societies. I will say nothing more undermining to anyone's faith than what SU says on a daily basis. I will say nothing more crass than what many of you say within any given week. I won't swear at all. I will talk far less about masturbation than many of you. I will actively try not to offend.

I have been blessed in abundance with that most male of all attributes, the one that allows men to do and say stupid things to one another, and then still persevere in friendship and camaraderie-- the blessing of short term memory. I remember the fun and the hard times and mean words fade. It may very will be a kind of mental handicap, but it one that I am glad to posses. I had a lot of fun here, and it would be nice to return.

I come seeking your forgiveness. I hope to win your trust. Take a vote, or whatever you want to do. A 'short leash' would be fine. I don't intend to make any trouble.

Cheers,

R.F.
Rogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:56 PM   #2
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

I put off joining this site for almost a year, I finally join this morning, and Robin Finderson uses the exact same phrase as I do to announce his return to the board a few hours later.

What are the odds of all this happening?

I think I will look out my office window for Halley's Comet...

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:01 AM   #3
Rogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I put off joining this site for almost a year, I finally join this morning, and Robin Finderson uses the exact same phrase as I do to announce his return to the board a few hours later.

Hello TripletDaddy. Sorry to rip off your subject. It must have sunk in earlier and then I used it before realizing I had stolen it from you. I tried to change it to something else, but was not able.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:02 AM   #4
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Well, he did use an exclamation point. I guess he was more excited than you.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:13 AM   #5
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
Hello TripletDaddy. Sorry to rip off your subject. It must have sunk in earlier and then I used it before realizing I had stolen it from you. I tried to change it to something else, but was not able.
In fairness, it belongs to Tiger Woods, not me.

Let's do this: After your next banishment and return, let me know what your opening line is going to be beforehand and I wont title any of my threads similarly that day. Deal?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 12:22 AM   #6
Rogan

Quote:
In fairness, it belongs to Tiger Woods, not me.

Let's do this: After your next banishment and return, let me know what your opening line is going to be beforehand and I wont title any of my threads similarly that day. Deal?
Tiger Woods? I associate the quote with computer programming. We can be sure to coordinate our plans better the next time
Old 10-18-2007, 02:25 AM   #7
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I for one heartily welcome you back back, Rogan. Cheers.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 02:51 AM   #8
woot

woot is on a distinguished road

So what's the background on this? RF got banned from CG? I didn't think that was possible. Maybe I should tone it down a bit.
woot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 03:15 AM   #9
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot View Post
So what's the background on this? RF got banned from CG? I didn't think that was possible. Maybe I should tone it down a bit.
Virulent personal attacks and personal obsessions can lead to banning, but usual folk are incapable of inciting that provision.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:18 AM   #10
Lost Student

Lost Student is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
I will talk far less about masturbation than many of you.
This is setting a pretty low bar for yourself to tell you the truth.

edit for clarification: it is not hard to talk about masturbation less than the majority of people here. It is a favorite topic.

For some random reason, I am reminded of a funny story about the word masturbation. A few years ago, my girlfriend at the time told me about once after church when she, her brother, and her parents were talking about procrastination. Her brother, who had received the chastity lesson in teachers' quorum that day, and apparently had other things on his mind, quipped, "I'm the KING of masturbation!"

My then-girlfriend thought it was quite funny but her brother was pretty embarrassed about his (possibly) freudian slip.

Last edited by Lost Student; 10-18-2007 at 03:23 AM. Reason: typos!!!
Lost Student is offline   Reply With Quote