cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Introductions

Old 07-06-2007, 02:30 PM   #41
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by landpoke View Post
Responses:

No, I don't work in a mine. Miners are dirty, troll like folk who are best shunned.

Jim Beam will work in a pinch, as will Coors in a can. Though my favorite is Woodford Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey. It's needlessly expensive and bit too flashy, but being in the oil business I have to keep up appearances. Which is why I light my cigars with hundred dollar bills.

NoDaks are a vile and base people who even Canadians look down upon. Most miners are NoDaks.

I did miss a chance to berate a long haired hippie enviro (who wasn't my wife) that came knocking on my door looking for money for her America hating agenda. I blame my slow wits as I came up with the perfect screed only after she got a block or so away. I felt it wouldn't have had the same power if I'd yelled at her to come back so I could let her have it. It's a shame I'll have to live with for the rest of my days.
I'm extremely disappointed you let that treehugger get away with that crap. Shame on you and piss in your Jack Daniels. That was might NoDak of you to let her go.

I'm starting to think you're a wannabe California Jane Fonda lover, but we'll wait and see.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:41 PM   #42
landpoke

landpoke is on a distinguished road

I love California and fully support all their short sighted, pandering enviro policies. No "dirty" electricity means good times for us in the gas business.
landpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:45 PM   #43
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by landpoke View Post
I love California and fully support all their short sighted, pandering enviro policies. No "dirty" electricity means good times for us in the gas business.
You are in the gas business?? Maybe you were the guy sitting somewhere behind us at the Vegas Bowl.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:54 PM   #44
landpoke

landpoke is on a distinguished road

I do have a lot of fiber in my diet, but I wasn't at the Vegas Bowl.
landpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:16 PM   #45
nikuman

nikuman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
You are in the gas business?? Maybe you were the guy sitting somewhere behind us at the Vegas Bowl.
I'm pretty sure the offending odor at the Vegas Bowl was coming from somewhere in front of me - we were just being polite by not blaming you.
nikuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:22 PM   #46
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikuman View Post
I'm pretty sure the offending odor at the Vegas Bowl was coming from somewhere in front of me - we were just being polite by not blaming you.
At my age I have a way of checking if it was me. There were no unusual stipes when I did my wash. It wasn't me.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:38 PM   #47
Sleeping in EQ

Sleeping in EQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
Mrs Goose spent most of her childhood on the mean streets of Sheridan and the rest of her teenage years on the even meaner streets of Gillette. Buffalo is a great little town, however.
Gillette just might be the most "hard scrabble" town I've ever had to refill the gas tank in.
"Do not despise the words of prophets, but test everything; hold fast to what is good; " 1 Thess. 5:21 (NRSV)

We all trust our own unorthodoxies.
Sleeping in EQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:52 PM   #48
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
Gillette just might be the most "hard scrabble" town I've ever had to refill the gas tank in.
It must be something in the water in Gillette. For a small, seemingly insignificant mining town in Northeast Wyoming, they sure make the national news a lot. Multiple homicides, lovers triangle involving the high school principle. There have been several others that i can't think of right now. They also have a freakishly good basketball program that was nationally ranked a couple of years ago.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote